Instant KineticJS Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create your own HTML5 graphical editor
- Animate and manipulate elements on the Canvas
- Provide mobile device support to your applications
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 66 pages
Release Date : March 2013
ISBN : 1849699437
ISBN 13 : 9781849699433
Author(s) : Andrey Kovalenko
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant KineticJS Starter
- Instant KineticJS Starter
- So, what is KineticJS?
- Step 1 – downloading KineticJS
- Step 2 – configuration
- And that's it!!
- Quick start – creating your first image editor
- Step 1 – organizing your stage, layers, groups, and shapes
- Step 2 – adding custom and ready-to-use shapes, images, and text to a layer
- Step 3 – dragging-and-dropping items with configurable constraints and bounds
- Step 4 – resizing, scaling, and rotating items
- Step 5 – cloning and removing items
- Step 6 – applying a filter to a selected image
- Step 7 – animating selected shapes
- Step 8 – cache nodes to improve performance
- Step 9 – optimizing for use on mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Step 10 – saving a stage as an image
- Top features you need to know about
- Layering support
- Standard and custom shapes
- SVG path
- Custom shape
- Line join
- Hide and show
- Selector support
- Event-driven architecture, drag-and-drop
- Bind events, multi-events, remove events
- Events listening
- Image hit region
- Simulate events
- Drag events
- Drag a shape and stage
- Drag bounds
- Event delegation
- Serialization/deserialization, saving a stage as an image
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Quickly build your first KineticJS application
- Organize your application
- Tune performance
- Learn layering support
- Get to grips with standard and custom shapes
- Implement the filtering of images
- Apply animations
- Drag-and-drop elements and style objects
Adobe Flash has been around for a number of years., but iOS was released without support for Flash on mobile devices. Flash is very expensive as a hardware resource and as an alternative HTML5 Canvas took its place. It is not very easy to develop with pure HTML5 Canvas, so KineticJS is really helpful to create applications much faster.
"Instant KineticJS Starter" is a quick start for HTML5 interactive application development. With this book in hand you can create Flash-like applications with KinectJS and 10 times faster at that. You can run your applications on Android and iOS devices without performance problems.
"Instant KineticJS Starter" takes you through the KineticJS functions available, and explains how to use of the most important among them. It will take you through a number of clear, practical steps that will help you to take advantage of the new HTML5 Canvas library, quickly and painlessly.
You will also learn how to build your own graphical editor using KineticJS. You will take a look at the basics of the library and will explore some functions in detail. You will learn how to create custom figures, change the colors, borders, and other styling options. You will also take a look at picture processing; resizing, scaling, and rotating. We will apply Instagram-like filters to the images, as well as learning how to apply an animation effect. If you want to take advantage of the new HTML5 Canvas features with KineticJS, then this is the book for you.
You will learn everything you need to know to build HTML5 Canvas applications with KineticJS, as well as how to configure them to support mobile devices.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.
This is a Starter guide that will quickly get you started building HTML5 Canvas applications with KineticJS.
Who this book is for