Kentico CMS 5 Website Development: Beginner's Guide
|Also available on:|
- Create websites that meet real-life requirements using example sites built with easy-to-follow steps
- Learn from easy-to-use examples to build a dynamic website
- Learn best practices to make your site more discoverable
- Practice your Kentico CMS skills from organizing your content to changing the site's look and feel
- Get going with example starter sites such as a corporate site, an e-commerce site, and a community-driven website to jumpstart your web development
- Written by Thom Robbins, the Web Evangelist for Kentico Software LLC
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 312 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2010
ISBN : 1849690588
ISBN 13 : 9781849690584
Author(s) : Thom Robbins
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Beginner's Guides, Content Management (CMS), e-Commerce, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Development
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introducing Kentico CMS 5
Chapter 2: A Tour of your New Website
Chapter 3: Managing the Content Process
Chapter 4: Linking and Managing Documents
Chapter 5: Extending the System
Chapter 6: System Integration
Chapter 7: Adding E-commerce Functionality to your Site
Chapter 8: Advanced Management
Chapter 9: SEO and Web Analytics
Chapter 10: Building a Community Website
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 2 submitted: last submission 02 Nov 2012
Errata type: Code | Page number: 53 | Errata date: 11/8/2010
ID="txtText" should be ID="txtRight"
Errata type: Code | Page number: 137 | Errata date: 11/11/2010
"...ValidationHelper.GetDouble(Eval("DocumentRatings"), 1)))) %>' />
"...ValidationHelper.GetDouble(Eval("DocumentRatings"), 1))))) %>' />
What you will learn from this book
- Create a dynamic, feature rich website that is easy to expand, customize, and maintain
- Design easy-to-find web content that is attractive to end users and search engines
- Make full use of sample sites to get your site looking right, tweaking CSS and customizing page templates using your own logos and marketing assets
- Extend Kentico CMS capabilities to meet even the toughest business requirements
- Increase your site's visibility for search engines by applying highly effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques
- Create effective online marketing campaigns that you can measure effectively
- Design effective e-commerce sites to reach and retain customers and sell your products or services
- Engage your website visitors and turn them into active users by enabling them to register, add content, and leave comments
There are over 1.7 billion internet users today. What are you doing to manage your web presence and reach your potential audience? A successful website guarantees serious business benefits and substantial cost savings for your company. Kentico CMS provides a flexible, all-in-one solution for web developers to create sites that ensure increase in brand loyalty, customer support savings and better brand management. However, making full use of Kentico CMS for attracting potential audience requires some guidance.
This practical guide gives you a head start using Kentico CMS to create professional and engaging web sites. It helps you get started quickly and covers how to build dynamic, scalable, and feature-rich websites that will keep your site visitors engaged and coming back. It moves beyond the basics to take advantage of the most powerful features to create highly interactive websites. Practical examples and tutorials show how to leverage the thirty-four different modules to create everything from a basic website to the most advanced and interactive e-commerce and social media sites. The focus is on clear instructions and easy-to-understand tutorials. This book is for you if you want to get the most out of any Kentico CMS installation!
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to build a dynamic, discoverable, and scalable website.
A clear, hands-on guide to build websites that get the most out of Kentico CMS 5's many powerful features
This book is written in a clear, easy-to-understand, and practical tutorial style taking the reader through relevant, real-world examples that can be put into practice immediately. Each topic is written in a practical way and is developed incrementally throughout the book. As the book progresses each chapter provides more detailed information to aid the reader in learning and understanding more about Kentico CMS and how to complete the tasks they need to build a dynamic, scalable, and responsive website.
Who this book is for
This book is designed for web developers, designers, webmasters, content editors, and marketing professionals who want to develop a fully featured web presence in a simple and straightforward process. No prior knowledge of Kentico CMS is expected. You do not require any detailed knowledge of programming or web development in order to follow this book. Any IT-confident individual will be able to use the book to produce an easy-to-navigate and usable website.