Instant Kendo UI Grid [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Understand how to allow users to manipulate data
- Learn how to make large data sets easy to manage and filter
- Discover how to dress up tables to make them look more appealing
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 56 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1849699135
ISBN 13 : 9781849699136
Author(s) : James R. Lamar
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Java, Web Development
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Kendo UI Grid
- Instant Kendo UI Grid
- See what Kendo UI Grids can do (Simple)
- How to change your theme (Simple)
- Using built-in sorting (Simple)
- Using built-in paging (Simple)
- Using built-in grouping (Simple)
- Customizing and formatting column data (Simple)
- Filtering column data (Simple)
- Working with aggregates (Intermediate)
- Getting a handle on toolbar templates (Intermediate)
- Customizing grid rows (Intermediate)
- Creating a grid within a grid (Advanced)
- Working with remote data (Advanced)
- Batch editing (Advanced)
- Inline editing (Advanced)
- Working with user events (Advanced)
- Advanced API example (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Customize and format columns and data
- Learn to group data
- Give CRUD operation control to the user
- Work with aggregates
- Connect to remote data sources
- Create several types of editors for the grid
- Interact with user events
- Explore the Kendo UI API
Kendo grids are the perfect fit if you need a powerful set of tools to let users manipulate data, or even if you just want a great way to dress up existing tables.
Instant Kendo UI Grid is a practical, hands-on guide that will provide dozens of working examples and also serve as a reference for customizing your grids in no time. It will teach you to create detailed and beautiful grids. This book takes you through the many options and variations of using Kendo UI grids. The readers will end up being comfortable implementing grids in any relevant situation.
You will learn about how to develop elaborate grids to handle any CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operation in a way that is easily maintained and even easier to develop. Styling is a breeze with Kendo UI themes, which also happens to include a theme to match the ever popular Twitter Bootstrap.
Instant Kendo UI Grid is your go-to reference for creating amazingly beautiful and highly functional grids for tabular data.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This is a Packt Instant How-to guide, which provides concise and clear recipes for working with tabular data with Kendo Grids.
Who this book is for