Kali Linux CTF Blueprints
|Also available on:|
- Put the skills of the experts to the test with these tough and customisable pentesting projects
- Develop each challenge to suit your specific training, testing, or client engagement needs
- Hone your skills, from wireless attacks to social engineering, without the need to access live systems
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 190 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2014
ISBN : 1783985984
ISBN 13 : 9781783985982
Author(s) : Cameron Buchanan
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Microsoft Environments
Chapter 2: Linux Environments
Chapter 3: Wireless and Mobile
Chapter 4: Social Engineering
Chapter 5: Cryptographic Projects
Chapter 6: Red Teaming
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up vulnerable services for both Windows and Linux
- Create dummy accounts for social engineering manipulation
- Set up Heartbleed replication for vulnerable SSL servers
- Develop full-size labs to challenge current and potential testers
- Construct scenarios that can be applied to Capture the Flag style challenges
- Add physical components to your scenarios and fire USB missile launchers at your opponents
- Challenge your own projects with a best-practice exploit guide to each scenario
As attackers develop more effective and complex ways to compromise computerized systems, penetration testing skills and tools are in high demand. A tester must have varied skills to combat these threats or fall behind. This book provides practical and customizable guides to set up a variety of exciting challenge projects that can then be tested with Kali Linux.
Learn how to create, customize, and exploit penetration testing scenarios and assault courses. Start by building flawed fortresses for Windows and Linux servers, allowing your testers to exploit common and not-so-common vulnerabilities to break down the gates and storm the walls. Mimic the human element with practical examples of social engineering projects. Facilitate vulnerable wireless and mobile installations and cryptographic weaknesses, and replicate the Heartbleed vulnerability. Finally, combine your skills and work to create a full red-team assessment environment that mimics the sort of corporate network encountered in the field.
Taking a highly practical approach and a playful tone, Kali Linux CTF Blueprints provides step-by-step guides to setting up vulnerabilities, in-depth guidance to exploiting them, and a variety of advice and ideas to build and customising your own challenges.
Who this book is for
If you are a penetration testing team leader or individual who wishes to challenge yourself or your friends in the creation of penetration testing assault courses, this is the book for you. The book assumes a basic level of penetration skills and familiarity with the Kali Linux operating system.