Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved: Assuring Security by Penetration Testing [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- This course will offer a complete roadmap for the penetration testing process from start to finish.
- Experience hands-on video demonstrations regarding how to use an extensive collection of tools within the Kali-Linux environment to perform penetration tests against every aspect of a target network.
- Advanced techniques with detailed explanations that are useful to novice users and experienced viewers alike
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Friday, June 28, 2013
Course Length : 2 hours 44 minutes
ISBN : 1782162925
ISBN 13 : 9781782162926
Author(s) : Justin Hutchens
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Networking and Servers, Security and Testing, Video, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Lab Preparation [16:19 minutes]
- Developing a Network Environment
- How to Install Oracle VirtualBox
- How to Install VMware Player
- How to Install Kali Linux
- Increasing Network Attack Surface
- Information Gathering and Reconnaissance [19:18 minutes]
- Passive Reconnaissance
- Google Hacking
- Subdomain Enumeration with Google Hacking
- Reconnaissance Tools (Dmitry & Goofile)
- Network Enumeration with Maltego
- Target Discovery [21:11 minutes]
- Layer 2 Discovery
- Layer 3 Discovery
- Host Discovery with nmap
- Network Discovery with Scapy
- Fingerprinting Operating Systems
- Scanning and Enumeration [20:38 minutes]
- Scanning with nmap
- Scanning with Zenmap
- Nmap Scripting
- Zombie Scanning
- Service Identification
- Vulnerability Mapping [19:32 minutes]
- Metasploit Auxilliary Scans
- Installing Nessus
- Nessus Scanning
- Nessus Policies
- Nessus Result Analysis
- Exploitation with Metasploit [19:49 minutes]
- Metasploit Framework
- Meterpreter Basics
- Meterpreter - Advanced Exploitation
- Installing Metasploit Pro
- Exploitation with Metasploit Pro
- Hands on Exploitation [27:31 minutes]
- Exploit Database
- Social Engineering Toolkit - Credential Harvester
- Burp Suite Intruder
- Web Application Exploitation
- Maintaining Access
- Privilege Escalation [20:10 minutes]
- Hash Identifier / Find-My-Hash
- John the Ripper
- Johnny / xHydra
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Prepare a fully-functional and low-budget security lab, where you can practice and develop your penetration testing skills without fear of legal consequence
- Gather information about a target with advanced reconnaissance techniques
- Identify target systems on a network using host discovery tools
- Identify services running on target systems by scanning and enumeration
- Discover vulnerabilities to determine potential attack vectors
- Launch automated exploits and payloads using the Metasploit Framework
- Learn a variety of hands-on techniques to exploit target systems
- Establish backdoors to ensure continued access
- Escalate privileges to acquire maximum control over compromised systems
Who this video course is for
Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved: A Penetration Tester’s Guide is a great choice for anybody interested in information security, penetration testing or ethical hacking. While a basic understanding of Linux and TCP/IP will be helpful in understanding the content, it is not essential.
Kali Linux is the latest Linux distribution from Offensive Security, custom-built for the distinct purposes of performing network security audits and forensic investigations. Kali comes fully loaded with hundreds of integrated tools to perform every aspect of a penetration test.
Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved: A Penetration Tester’s Guide helps you to develop practical and useful professional skills in the information security industry, while simultaneously delivering the high level of excitement and exhilaration that goes hand-in-hand with the world of computer and network hacking.
Cyber-crime is on the rise and information security is becoming more paramount than ever before. A single attack on a company’s network infrastructure can often result in irreparable damage to a company’s assets and/or reputation.
It is no longer sufficient to merely rely on traditional security measures. In order to ensure the security of critical information assets, it is essential to become familiar with the strategies, tactics, and techniques that are used by actual hackers who seek to compromise your network.
Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved: A Penetration Tester’s Guide will prepare you to enter the world of professional hacking by ensuring that you are well versed with the skills needed and tools used to compromise the security of enterprise networks and information systems.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Many advanced techniques are addressed within this series, but it is still designed to simultaneously accommodate less experienced viewers. The series provides detailed explanations intended to clearly address the underlying processes involved with all tasks performed.