Kali Linux: Assuring Security By Penetration Testing
|Also available on:|
- Learn penetration testing techniques with an in-depth coverage of Kali Linux distribution
- Explore the insights and importance of testing your corporate network systems before the hackers strike
- Understand the practical spectrum of security tools by their exemplary usage, configuration, and benefits
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop the Kali Linux environment in your test lab by installing, configuring, running, and updating its core system components
- Draw a formal Kali Linux testing methodology
- Scope your target with definitive test requirements, limitations, business objectives, and schedule the test plan
- Practically exercise a number of security tools from Kali Linux, logically divided into sub-categories of testing methodology
- Practice the processes of reconnaissance, discovery, enumeration, vulnerability mapping, social engineering, exploitation, privilege escalation, and maintaining access to target for evaluation purposes
- Document, report, and present your verified test results to the relevant authorities in a formal reporting structure
- Assess your target information system's environment built with various technologies, such as web applications, network administration servers, workstations, Cisco devices, firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, intrusion detection and prevention devices, and many more
- Examine and research the vulnerability in a greater detail before attempting to exploit it
- Exploit human vulnerability by wrapping yourself with an art of deception to acquire the target
Kali Linux is a comprehensive penetration testing platform with advanced tools to identify, detect, and exploit the vulnerabilities uncovered in the target network environment. With Kali Linux, you can apply appropriate testing methodology with defined business objectives and a scheduled test plan, resulting in a successful penetration testing project engagement.
Kali Linux: Assuring Security By Penetration Testing is a fully focused, structured book providing guidance on developing practical penetration testing skills by demonstrating cutting-edge hacker tools and techniques with a coherent, step-by-step approach. This book offers you all of the essential lab preparation and testing procedures that reflect real-world attack scenarios from a business perspective, in today’s digital age.
Starting with lab preparation and testing procedures that explain the basic installation and configuration set up, this guide then focuses on discussing types of penetration testing (black-box and white-box), uncovering open security testing methodologies, and proposing the Kali Linux specific testing process. A number of security assessment tools are discussed, including those necessary to conduct penetration testing in their respective categories, following the formal testing methodology. Each of these tools have been annotated with real-world examples in context of highlighting their practical usage and proven configuration techniques. Extra weaponry treasure is also provided, and key resources that may be crucial to any professional penetration tester are cited in this book.
The authors’ experience and expertise has led to reveal the industry’s best approach for penetration testing in a logical and systematic process. This book serves as a single professional, practical, and expert guide to develop hardcore penetration testing skills from scratch. You will be trained to make the best use of Kali Linux either in a commercial environment or an experimental testbed.
Written as an interactive tutorial, this book covers the core of Kali Linux with real-world examples and step-by-step instructions to provide professional guidelines and recommendations for you. The book is designed in a simple and intuitive manner that allows you to explore the whole Kali Linux testing process or study parts of it individually.
Who this book is for
If you are an IT security professional who has a basic knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including an awareness of information security factors, and want to use Kali Linux for penetration testing, then this book is for you.