Instant jQuery Masonry How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Short, easy-to-follow jQuery Masonry techniques
- Practical examples for everyday scenarios
- A breeze to read; great for a quick reference guide
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 54 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1782165029
ISBN 13 : 9781782165026
Author(s) : Kyle Taylor
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Web Development, Web Development, jQuery, Open Source, Web Development
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant jQuery Masonry How-to
- Instant jQuery Masonry How-to
- Setting up a single-width column system (Simple)
- Setting up a multi-width column system (Simple)
- Using Masonry with images (Intermediate)
- Adding media for multi-width columns (Intermediate)
- Using fluid layouts (Intermediate)
- Animating using jQuery (Intermediate)
- Animating using CSS (Intermediate)
- Integrating with WordPress (Advanced)
- Integrating with Drupal (Advanced)
- Adding and reloading (Advanced)
- Placing a corner stamp (Advanced)
- Aligning items from right to left (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 15 Jul 2013
Errata type: Code | Page number: 14 | Errata date: 5th June, 2013
Instead of 3-images-loaded.html file refer to 3-media-imagesloaded.html file in the Adding media for multi-width columns (Intermediate) recipe of the book.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Integrate jQuery Masonry into your existing web projects
- Build multi-column layouts
- Integrate your projects with images and video
- Build a fluid, liquid layout
- Animate using jQuery and CSS3
- Integrate Masonry with Wordpress
- Integrate Masonry with Drupal
jQuery Masonry is a revolutionary new plugin that enables dynamic layouts on any website. This powerful tool shuffles and rearranges elements to fit any screen size which will ensure your website keeps up with one of the biggest trends of the year, Responsive Web Design.
Instant jQuery Masonry How-to will allow you to start building fully responsive layouts for portfolios, galleries, blog pages, and more. Gain a complete understanding of the workings of Masonry, which will allow you to integrate this unique tool into your existing and future projects.
The hands-on guide will take you from the basics of jQuery Masonry to utilizing its power within Wordpress and Drupal.
You will learn the basics such as implementing single and multi-column layouts, before developing more complex solutions for various media types, fluid layouts, and animating transitions. With the widespread adoption of responsive web design, this book will bring your blog, portfolio, or any project you are working on up to speed.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A concise guide that delivers immediate results with practical recipes on customizing your projects.
Who this book is for
If you have a basic understanding of jQuery, HTML, and CSS3, this book is for you. We will go over what Masonry is, how it works, and the best practices on how to implement it in your projects.