Instant jQuery Flot Visual Data Analysis [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Apply statistical techniques to your data and display data using various chart types
- Get started with the jQuery Flot library and learn to apply it to real-world data visualization
- Detailed explanations of Flot’s capabilities and configurations
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 70 pages
Release Date : October 2013
ISBN : 1783280654
ISBN 13 : 9781783280650
Author(s) : Brian Peiris
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant jQuery Flot Visual Data Analysis
- Instant jQuery Flot Visual Data Analysis
- Creating basic charts (Must know)
- Creating stacked charts (Must know)
- Creating pie charts (Must know)
- Working with axes (Should know)
- Tracking curves (Should know)
- Plotting time series
- Displaying error bars (Should know)
- Displaying percentiles (Should know)
- Incorporating statistics with Flot (Should know)
- Applying Flot (Should know)
- Creating custom plugins (Become an expert)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create stack, pie, and time-based charts to display specialized data sets
- Customize a chart’s axes so that you can display complex combinations and types of data
- Add interactivity to your charts so that users can inspect the data with ease
- Use common statistical techniques such as error bars and percentiles to analyze your data
- Use the jStat library to further analyze your data
- Expand your skills by creating plugins that allow you to reuse your custom solutions easily
Data visualization and analysis is a crucial skill in many software projects. Flot uses jQuery and HTML5 to add easy and powerful visualization capabilities to any web application. Flot produces beautiful visualizations with a minimal amount of code. It is also highly configurable, extensible, and includes many plugins out of the box.
A practical guide to take you through the basics of using Flot to visualize your data; the book describes Flot’s functionality in dedicated sections that include code, screenshots, and detailed explanations so that you can learn to produce charts in minutes. As you progress though this book, it will guide you through real-world examples to show you how to use statistical techniques with Flot for interactive data visualization and analysis.
Starting with the very basics, you will learn exactly what you need to do to display the simplest chart using Flot. This step-by-step guide takes you through Flot’s many features and settings until you can finally master the techniques you’ll need to apply Flot to your application’s data.
Instant jQuery Flot Visual Data Analysis will give you a head start so that you can add data visualization features to your applications with ease.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A quick, instruction-based guide full of examples that details on the various aspects of Flot and how users can apply it to data groups for interactive data representation techniques.
Who this book is for