Instant jQuery Boilerplate for Plugins [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Build your first basic jQuery Plugin
- Learn how to make your plugin configurable
- Get to grips with the structure of jQuery Boilerplate
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 82 pages
Release Date : August 2013
ISBN : 1849519706
ISBN 13 : 9781849519700
Author(s) : Jonathan Fielding
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Web Development, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant jQuery Boilerplate for Plugins
- Instant jQuery Boilerplate for Plugins
- Getting started with jQuery plugins (Simple)
- Getting started with your first plugin (Simple)
- Creating a simple JSON reader (Simple)
- jQuery Hover panels with jQuery Boilerplate (Simple)
- Writing a carousel with jQuery Boilerplate (Intermediate)
- AJAX bookshelves with jQuery Boilerplate (Advanced)
- Writing a validation plugin using jQuery Boilerplate (Intermediate)
This book will explore the different options that the jQuery Boilerplate has to offer, and then go through several tutorials to get you comfortable with writing a plugin. I really enjoyed the way the author organized the chapters into projects by starting with Simple, followed by Intermeditate and finally ends with Advanced. - Suresh Ariya
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- How to structure your first plugin
- How to use YQL to write a plugin that is able to read from the Twitter API
- How to write your very own carousel
- How to write your own jQuery Validation plugin
- How to test your plug-in with QUnit
- How to make your plugins flexible and reusable
jQuery plugins helps you to extend jQuery’s prototype object. jQuery plugins are used to achieve a specific task with a collection of elements, they are modular and reusable across several projects.
Instant jQuery Boilerplate for Plugins is a hands on guide to writing your own plugins. The recipes in this book will guide you through the steps of plug-in development.
Each recipe is a short tutorial within itself that will help you explore different options available within jQuery by providing a clear explanation on what jQuery Boilerplate has to offer. By the end of the book, you will have learned how to write a plugin and will be ready to start writing plugins of your own.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This book is a how-to manual complete with recipes that range from writing a simple plug-in to adding enhancements/features to your plug-in.
Who this book is for