Joomla! 1.5 Templates Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Develop and customize Joomla! templates to make your website stand out from the crowd
- A great mix of recipes for beginners, intermediate, and advanced Joomla! template designers
- Start from the very basics of customizing Joomla! templates and master the most complex functionalities as well
- Part of Packt's Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 236 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2010
ISBN : 1849511241
ISBN 13 : 9781849511247
Author(s) : Richard Carter
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Cookbooks, Joomla!, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Joomla! Theming Basics
Chapter 2: Custom Joomla! Templates
Chapter 3: Theming the Details
Chapter 4: Custom Page Templates
Chapter 5: Styling Joomla! for Print
Chapter 6: Joomla! Admin Templates
Chapter 7: Social Media and Joomla!
Chapter 8: Styling Joomla! for Mobiles
Chapter 10: Miscellaneous Joomla! Templating
Appendix: Joomla! Output Overrides
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with the basics of template design for Joomla! such as changing the logo and altering color schemes for your templates
- Understand Joomla! concepts such as module chrome and template positions
- Add a multilingual aspect to your website to cater to a larger audience
- Create custom error templates and generate revenue by displaying advertisements on your website
- Style Joomla!'s search results and customize Joomla!'s breadcrumb trail
- Create attractive and functional print styles for your website to make your content printer-friendly
- Customize the look and feel of your Joomla! website's administration panel to match either your business or client identity
- Create social bookmarks, embed videos, and add a shoutbox to your Joomla! website to make it more user-friendly
- Integrate Joomla! with social media such as Twitter and YouTube
- Create and specify mobile stylesheets for you Joomla! website to style your Joomla! website more effectively for mobile users
- A wide range of miscellaneous tips, tricks, and tasks to help get your Joomla! website one step closer to perfection
Templates in Joomla! provide a powerful way to make your site look exactly the way you want either using a single template for the entire site or a separate template for each site section. Although it sounds like an easy task to build and maintain templates, it can be challenging to get beyond the basics and customize templates to meet your needs perfectly.
Joomla! 1.5 Templates Cookbook consists of a series of self-contained step-by-step recipes that cover everything from common tasks such as changing your site's logo or favicon and altering color schemes, to custom error pages and template overrides. It starts off with the basics of template design and then digs deep into more complex concepts. It will help you make your site more attractive and user-friendly. You will integrate your site with various social media such as Twitter and YouTube; make your site mobile-friendly with the help of recipes for creating and customizing mobile spreadsheets; and use miscellaneous tricks and tips to get the most out of your website. You get all of this in a simple recipe format that guides you quickly through the steps and explains how it all happened.
Develop Joomla! templates as well as learn to tweak them to meet your needs perfectly with clear and easy-to-follow recipes
Joomla! 1.5 Templates Cookbook contains step-by-step instructions for Joomla! users to customize their Joomla! templates. The book is designed so that you can refer to it chapter by chapter, or you can look at the list of recipes and read those that interest you in no particular order.
Who this book is for
This book is written for Joomla! developers who want to improve the look and feel of their Joomla! sites. Readers are expected to have knowledge of CSS and (X)HTML. Although it will be helpful, no prior knowledge of Joomla! theming is expected.