|Also available on:|
- Create your own Joomla!, jQuery-powered, extensions
- Enhance your site with third-party features, code-highlighting, Flicker, and more using Joomla! Plugins
- Detailed explanations with step-by-step guidance and practical examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 292 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2010
ISBN : 1849512043
ISBN 13 : 9781849512046
Author(s) : Jose Argudo Blanco
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Joomla!, jQuery, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Let's Start Making a Better Site—Images
Chapter 2: Site Content—Our Next Step
Chapter 3: Embedding Rich Media Features with Joomla! Plugins
Chapter 4: One Last Look at Joomla! jQuery Modules
Chapter 5: Refactoring Our Site
Chapter 7: Creating Our Own Modules
Chapter 8: Building Complete Solutions, Modules, and Components
Chapter 9: Going Further with Our Component Development
Chapter 10: Problems and Usability
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Add an image slideshow, image popups, and a gallery to our site
- Organize your site content in different tabs, articles, and slideshows and improve its search capability with AJAX searching
- Enhance your site with third-party features, codehighlight, Flicker, and more using Joomla! Plugins
- Build a dropdown menu with some amazing effects
- Refactor and remove unnecessary library loads
- Master the technique of coding directly on the template, parallax, scrolls, and tooltips
- Build your first Joomla! module, a jQuery powered contact form
- Develop a full module or component extension, with some bits of jQuery
- Solve usability problems
Ever wondered how all the great-looking, feature packed, amazing Joomla! sites are made? Would you like to add image transitions, popups, scrolls, AJAX forms, image galleries, no-page reloads to your website, but are worried that they will be difficult to implement? To make any Joomla! site look more professional, interactive, and interesting you need the ease and power of jQuery.
This book will help you to use the jQuery library with the Joomla! CMS. It will take you through adding jQuery functionality to the Joomla! CMS and show how to use it to make the modules and themes more dynamic, interactive, and responsive, and add effects to your Joomla! site.
First you will learn how to make use of third-party extensions to include jQuery features into your site. These can be image galleries, jQuery powered menus, tooltips, and many, many more. Later on you will learn how to modify your template to add some features to your Joomla! site, You will also learn to build your own jQuery-powered Joomla! extensions, and how to pack them so that you can use them in any project you like. Further, you will learn to create your own modules and components.
Build impressive Joomla! Sites with jQuery, from third-party extensions to development
This book is a tutorial with step-by-step instructions, packed with practical code examples, images, advice, and ideas.
Who this book is for