jMonkeyEngine 3.0 Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Contains an extensive and valuable set of solutions to real jMonkeyEngine game development challenges
- Learn how to take your game online using the SpiderMonkey network framework
- Kick-start your next project by applying game-ready templates
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 279 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2014
ISBN : 1783286474
ISBN 13 : 9781783286478
Author(s) : Rickard Edén
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Game Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Make an online game with the SpiderMonkey framework
- Design dynamic and attractive GUIs with NiftyGUI
- Create cutscenes and smooth camera rides with cinematics
- Build AI that sees, follows, and finds its way through the game world
- Use Bullet physics to build a more dynamic game world
- Get useful tips on how to take your game project to the next level
- Develop a more maintainable project by using Controls and AppStates
jMonkeyEngine is a great choice for any Java programmer wanting to create visually impressive 3D applications and games. With a vibrant community, mature feature set, and advanced editor, it's a toolset not only for programmers, but for all kinds of developers.
This book provides you with concrete and hands-on game development tips, always with the game in focus. Each chapter will provide insight into the how's, what's, and why's of jMonkeyEngine and game development in a step-by-step approach.
The book starts by giving you useful tips on the SDK itself, and how using it will make your life easier. The book then moves on to cover a variety of patterns which you can use to control cameras, characters, and animations. For the more seasoned developers, a chapter is devoted entirely to explaining that ultimate frontier: how to make a real-time networked game.
This book will provide both the basic templates you need to develop several game types as well as solutions to more specific problems you might encounter on your way to creating the next hit game.
This book is a cookbook consisting of practical, step-by-step recipes concentrating on game development using jMonkey 3.0
Who this book is for
If you are a jMonkey developer or a Java developer who is interested to delve further into the game making process to expand your skillset and create more technical games, then this book is perfect for you.