JIRA 6.x Administration Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Make JIRA adapt to your organization and process flow
- Gather and display the right information from users with customized forms and layouts
- Extend the capabilities of JIRA with add-ons, scripts, and integrations with other popular applications and cloud platforms
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 260 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2014
ISBN : 1782176861
ISBN 13 : 9781782176862
Author(s) : Patrick Li
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Cookbooks, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: JIRA Server Administration
Chapter 2: Fields and Screens
Chapter 3: JIRA Workflows
Chapter 4: User Management
Chapter 5: JIRA Security
Chapter 6: E-mails and Notifications
Chapter 7: Integrating with JIRA
Chapter 8: JIRA Administration
Chapter 9: JIRA Customizations
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Upgrade and maintain a JIRA instance
- Design and implement custom forms to capture information with custom fields, screens, and validation rules
- Create custom workflows with complex validation logic and business rules
- Secure JIRA data from unauthorized access
- Set up single sign-on for JIRA on a Windows domain
- Make JIRA compliant with FDA Part 11 with electronic signatures
- Integrate JIRA with other cloud platforms, such as Google Drive
- Automate administrative tasks with scripts and command-line interfaces
Atlassian JIRA is an enterprise issue tracker system. One of its key strengths is its ability to adapt to the needs of an organization, from the frontend user interface, to providing a platform for add-ons to extend its capabilities.
The book starts with upgrading your existing JIRA instance, and tasks you can perform on the server level to better maintain it. We then delve deeper into adapting JIRA to your organization's needs, starting with the visual elements of setting up custom forms to capture important data with custom fields and screens, and moving on to ensuring data integrity through defining field behaviors.
Furthermore, we'll gain deeper insights into JIRA's e-mail capabilities, including managing outgoing e-mail rules and processing incoming e-mails for automated issue creation. The book concludes with some tips and tricks that will help make things much easier for administrators, such as running scripts to automate tasks, easy access to logs, and tools to help troubleshooting problems.
A comprehensive guide, full of practical recipes with real-life JIRA administration challenges, solutions, and examples with illustrations from the actual application.
Who this book is for