JBoss EAP Configuration, Deployment, and Administration [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Learn about everything from installation, configuration, and debugging to securing Java EE applications — ideal for JBoss application developers
- In-depth explanations of JBoss EAP features, and diagrams to help explain JBoss and Java internals
- Covers everything from JBoss EAP essentials to more advanced topics through easy-to-understand practical demonstrations
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Course Length : 2 hours and 8 minutes
ISBN : 1782162488
ISBN 13 : 9781782162483
Author(s) : Jason Shepherd
Topics and Technologies : Enterprise Products and Platforms, Video, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Standalone versus Domain Mode [16:10 minutes]
- Running in Standalone Mode
- Running in Domain Mode
- Deploying an Application in Standalone Mode
- Deploying an Application in Domain Mode
- Sharing a Configuration in Domain Mode
- Adding and Configuring Databases and Message Queues and Using Them from Your Application [21:04 minutes]
- Setting up a Database in JBoss Using the Console
- Adding a Datasource Using the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Adding an XADatasource Using the Configuration File
- Connecting to a Database
- Configuring Database Pooling
- Adding a Messaging Queue Using the Management Console
- Connecting to Messaging Queues
- Configuring the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) for Troubleshooting and Diagnostics [23:19 minutes]
- Selecting a Garbage Collection Strategy
- Gathering Java Virtual Machine Diagnostics
- How and When to Capture a Java Thread Dump
- How to Analyze Garbage Collection Logging
- Analyzing Java Thread Dumps
- Analyzing a Java Heap Dump
- Clustering and Load Balancing for Web Applications [16:11 minutes]
- Clustering in Standalone Mode
- Cluster in Domain Mode
- Set Up mod_cluster on JBoss to Connect to the Load Balancer
- JBoss Messaging in a Cluster
- Classloading with JBoss Modules [13:27 minutes]
- Introduction to JBoss Modules for Classloading
- Implicit Module Dependencies
- Including and Excluding Dependencies Using Metadata
- Classloading in an EAR File
- Deploying Applications [15:35 minutes]
- Improve Performance with Asynchronous Servlets
- Encrypt Client-to-Server communication with Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Use the Java Authentication and Authorization Service in JBoss (JAAS)
- Securing Passwords in JBoss
- Building and Testing Application with Maven and JBoss Tools [8:51 minutes]
- Installing the JBoss Tools plugin for Eclipse
- Build and Deploy an Application to JBoss Using Maven
- Deploying Using JBoss Tools
- Running a Test suite in Arquillian
- Anatomy of an Arquillian Test Case
- Configuring the Application Server Logging [13:50 minutes]
- Setting the Logging Verbosity for the Entire Server
- Setting the Logging Verbosity for Parts of the Server or Application
- Improving the Logging Performance using the Async Handler
- Rolling the Server.log File by Size
- Use Logging Configuration in Your application
"Jason has a pleasant, even-toned Australian voice. The narrative is properly paced and everything is easy to understand. The price is reasonable, the content valuable. If you are a JBoss user (especially if your shop is using it in production), you will want to see this video Great productivity tips as well! If you use JBoss, you'll want to understand these topics." - Rick Wagner "I found this video to be engaging and informative. The audio is clear on all of the videos and the videos was clear on my laptop screen as long as I ran the video in full-screen mode." - Dustin Marx
"Jason has a pleasant, even-toned Australian voice. The narrative is properly paced and everything is easy to understand. The price is reasonable, the content valuable. If you are a JBoss user (especially if your shop is using it in production), you will want to see this video Great productivity tips as well! If you use JBoss, you'll want to understand these topics." - Rick Wagner
"I found this video to be engaging and informative. The audio is clear on all of the videos and the videos was clear on my laptop screen as long as I ran the video in full-screen mode." - Dustin Marx
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Manage multiple servers centrally in domain mode.
- Utilize the database and messaging features of JBoss. Harness the power of the application server to manage database connections, and connect to other services with JMS Messaging.
- Create a farm of JBoss nodes that distribute loads amongst many Java Virtual Machines. Be ready for Java Virtual Machine failures, with High Availability.
- Finely control the classloading hierarchy to provide exactly the right libraries to your application, and hide those that are not needed.
- Increase the performance of asynchronous code, by calling asynchronous libraries and code using the async servlet.
- Secure the server, with encrypted HTTP connections, encrypted passwords, and hidden management consoles.
- Test application features quickly during development using Arquillian and unit tests
- Master application server logging configuration to get exactly the right information about what's happening inside JBoss EAP
Who this video course is for
JBoss EAP Configuration, Deployment, and Administration is ideal for system administrators and Java application developers. System administrators should have a basic knowledge of Java, but don't require in-depth knowledge about Java development or Java Enterprise Edition. Java Application developers should be familiar with Linux, but not necessarily familiar with previous versions of JBoss.
Some exposure to other JEE containers would be useful, but not essential.
As the Java EE standard has evolved and matured, the API has become increasingly rich and complex. The next generation of application servers needs to be modular and configurable to run only specific services or containers. JBoss EAP promises to meet those requirements but the configuration of a complex application server is composed of a mix of administrative and management tasks which often overlap, generating confusion.
JBoss EAP Configuration, Deployment, and Administration will teach you everything you need to know in a hands-on, interactive way. You'll follow step-by-step instructions that walk you through the key features of JBoss. Beyond that we will dive deep into the inner workings of Java, which will help you troubleshoot problems quickly and easily. Learn about the most popular ways to configure JBoss and ensure maximum uptime and scalability for your applications. Take a tour of the most popular Java Enterprise features, beginning with databases and JMS, and rounding off at logging. Along the way, we'll dive into troubleshooting common problems such as out of memory errors and performance optimization.
JBoss EAP Configuration, Deployment, and Administration will highlight the differences between standalone and domain mode, explaining why you would use domain mode and how it differs from the traditional standalone approach. We'll dive into configuring databases and message queues and also show you how to integrate them into your application when running on JBoss.
We continue our journey with setting up HTTP request load balancing, and setting up a cluster of highly available JBoss nodes, while demonstrating how easy it is to finely manage classloading dependencies for your applications. We cover some extra performance features and new security features such as the Vault, which you can use to encrypt plain-text passwords in configuration files. We talk about some development features new with JBoss EAP, such as Arquillian, a test harness for testing CDI and EJB beans without a full blown startup/shutdown container cycle. Lastly, we'll talk in depth about JBoss logging, how to use the logging framework provided by the container or roll your own logging in your application.
JBoss EAP Configuration, Deployment, and Administration will quickly turn you into a well-rounded JBoss administrator. We'll focus on key features of the JBoss Application Server that will make you a power user, quickly and easily.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Master the configuration of JBoss EAP by following practical examples and simplified explanations of its features. This course is full of step-by-step instructions and diagrams to help explain JBoss and Java internals.