|Also available on:|
- Configure your mobile for Android, iOS, and Windows development environments
- Extend the power of Apache Cordova by creating your own Apache Cordova cross-platform mobile plugins
- Enhance the quality and the robustness of your Apache Cordova mobile application by unit testing its logic using Jasmine
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 289 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2014
ISBN : 1783554177
ISBN 13 : 9781783554171
Author(s) : Hazem Saleh
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Mobile Application Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop, build, run, and deploy neat, cross-platform native mobile applications using Apache Cordova
- Create a sample application using Cordova that will run on Apple iOS, Google Android, and Windows Phone
- Access the device’s native functions by utilizing the Apache Cordova APIs
- Create a neat user interface for your mobile application using jQuery mobile
- Increase the quality and robustness of your mobile applications by developing unit tests for their logic
- Unit test your application on mobile using Jasmine
- Explore some of the differences between the mobile platforms and learn how to handle these differences in a maintainable way
We start by developing a simple sound recorder mobile app. We then configure this app to work on Android, Windows, and iOS. Then we will learn how to use the different APIs provided by Apache Cordova and how to develop your Apache Cordova custom plugins.
We will then dive into the world of JQuery Mobile. The topics covered include the essentials of jQuery Mobile that a developer needs to know in order to create an app for mobile devices. You will then learn how to develop, run, and automate tests using Jasmine. At the end, you develop a “Mega App” where you will apply everything you learned by creating the application flow, connecting it to the backend, writing unit tests, and deploying this app.
This book is written in a clear, easy-to-read style with a hands-on approach. Each concept is explained in detail, with the aim of getting you up to speed in building native mobile apps with Cordova and jQuery.
Who this book is for