|Also available on:|
- Deploy JSON across various domains
- Facilitate metadata storage with JSON
- Build a practical data-driven web application with JSON
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 120 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : October 2013
ISBN : 1783286032
ISBN 13 : 9781783286034
Author(s) : Sai Srinivas Sriparasa
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Chapter 2: Getting Started with JSON
Chapter 3: Working with Real-time JSON
Chapter 4: AJAX Calls with JSON Data
Chapter 5: Cross-domain Asynchronous Requests
Chapter 6: Building the Carousel Application
Chapter 7: Alternate Implementations of JSON
Chapter 8: Debugging JSON
- The Carousel application
- Chapter 2: Getting Started with JSON
- The Hello World program with JSON
- Datatypes in JSON
- Languages that support JSON
- Chapter 3: Working with Real-time JSON
- Accessing objects in JSON
- Performing complex operations
- Modifying JSON
- Chapter 4: AJAX Calls with JSON Data
- Requirements for AJAX
- Hosting JSON
- Making your first AJAX call
- Parsing JSON data
- Chapter 5: Cross-domain Asynchronous Requests
- Making GET and POST AJAX calls with JSON data
- The problem with cross-domain AJAX calls
- Introduction to JSONP
- Implementing JSONP
- Chapter 6: Building the Carousel Application
- Setting up the application
- Building the JSON file for the Carousel application
- Creating the Carousel application with jQuery Cycle
- Chapter 7: Alternate Implementations of JSON
- Dependency management
- JSON for storing metadata
- Comparisons with YAML
- Chapter 8: Debugging JSON
- Using the developer tools
- Validating JSON
- Formatting JSON
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 3 submitted: last submission 20 Nov 2013
Page number: 19 and 20.
Errata type: Graphics
The last image present on page 19 should be interchanged with the first image on page 20.
The following is a list of steps to install WAMP. It is an alternative to the software used for running the examples.
Steps to install WAMP
1. Visit http://www.wampserver.com/en/ and click on the “DOWNLOAD” link in the navigation bar on the top.
2. Based on your operating system choose the best version of WAMP Server that would work with your windows system.
a. I will go with the WAMPSERVER(32 Bits & PHP 5.3) 2.2E version
4. On the first prompt, it would ask the user if it can run the executable file, click on run.
5. The setup window is now displayed, click on next to continue.
6. Go through the license agreement, and choose “I accept the agreement” if you agree with the terms and click on next to continue.
7. The next screen would display the default location, it is not advised to change, click on next to continue.
8. The next screen gives the user an option to choose if they want a “Quick Launch Icon” and/or a “Desktop Icon”, choose the desired and click on next to continue.
9. On the next screen, click on “Install” to install the wampserver.
10. The last step of the installation of wampserver would be to choose a default web browser.
11. Upon installation, wampserver is automatically turned on, goto http://localhost/index.php to view the default index page.
The following are three corrected screenshots. The details are provided after each screenshot.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn how to work with real-time JSON
- Transfer JSON data via asynchronous calls
- Fire cross-domain asynchronous requests
- Serialize and transmit data
- Build the Carousel application
- Understand alternate implementations of JSON
- Debug JSON quickly and efficiently
The book follows a tutorial-based approach and will teach you how to work with JSON tools, design JSON objects, and how to use different techniques to handle JSON data.
Who this book is for