Java EE Development with NetBeans 7 [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results
- Use the features of the popular NetBeans IDE along with keyboard shortcuts to accelerate development of Java EE applications
- Take advantage of the NetBeans debugger to get rid of bugs that may creep into your Java EE code
- Learn about all the major Java EE APIs as well as tips on how to effectively use the NetBeans IDE to save time when developing Java EE applications
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Course Length : 3 hours and 08 minutes
ISBN : 1782162461
ISBN 13 : 9781782162469
Author(s) : David Heffelfinger
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Video, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Mastering the NetBeans Editor [20:53 minutes]
- Code Completion and Generation
- Code Navigation
- Understanding NetBeans' Visual Cues
- NetBeans Debugger [12:26 minutes]
- Inspecting Variable Values
- JavaServer Faces (JSF) [01:00 hour]
- Introduction to JSF
- Facelets Templating
- Managed Beans
- JSF Validation
- Composite Components
- Additional PrimeFaces Components
- Java Persistence API [26:04 minutes]
- Introduction to JPA
- Introduction to JPA (Cont)
- Entity Relationships
- JSF Application Generation from JPA Entities
- Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL) and the Criteria API [41:19 minutes]
- Selecting Database Data with the Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL)
- Updating Database Data with JPA and JPQL
- Deleting Database Data with JPQL
- JPQL Named Queries
- NetBeans JPQL Editor
- Selecting Data with the JPA Criteria API
- Session Beans [26:49 minutes]
- Introduction to Session Beans
- Session Bean Transaction Management
- Session Bean Interceptors
- EJB Timer Service
Associated code downloads are included in the zip file of the purchased video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Develop Java web applications by leveraging NetBeans functionality
- Use abstract common markup with Facelets templates
- Develop applications adhering to the MVC design pattern with JSF-managed Beans
- Validate user input with JSF validation
- Develop custom JSF components and get to know front end JSF development with Facelets
- Develop aesthetically pleasing web-based user interfaces with PrimeFaces
- Generate JPA Entities and Data Access Objects (DAO's) from an existing database schema
- Learn about the Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL)
- Utilize EJB 3.1 session Beans, including transaction management, interceptors, and the EJB timer service
Who this video course is for
The video course is aimed at Java developers who wish to develop Java EE applications while taking advantage of NetBeans functionality to automate repetitive tasks and to ease their software development efforts. Familiarity with NetBeans or Java EE is not assumed, however, knowledge of the Java language is assumed.
Oracle's popular NetBeans IDE has several features that greatly simplify Java EE development, but with many features and great flexibility, Java developers can become overwhelmed by the options available in NetBeans. This video course provides hands-on instructions that show you how to take control of the environment and make use of these features to make your Enterprise Java application development more efficient and productive than ever before so that you can concentrate on the important parts of your application.
Java EE Development with NetBeans 7 shows you how to develop applications using the most important and latest Java EE technologies and APIs such as JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2.0, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) 3.1, and the Java Persistence API (JPA 2.0). The course is a practical guide explaining the various features of the NetBeans IDE related to Enterprise application development.
Java EE Development with NetBeans 7 covers all the major Java EE technologies, APIs, and the rapid development capabilities of the NetBeans IDE such as wizards and keyboard shortcuts.
While focusing on NetBeans features, you will learn how to develop aesthetically pleasing web-based user interfaces using Java Server Faces. You’ll also learn how to take advantage of automated transaction handling and scalability via Enterprise JavaBeans, and how to simplify database access through the Java Persistence API.
By the end of this course, you will be able to develop Enterprise applications quickly and easily by taking advantage of several time-saving features of Oracle's NetBeans IDE.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Java EE Development with NetBeans 7 is a practical course explaining the various features of the NetBeans IDE related to enterprise application development.