Java EE 7 Development with WildFly
|Also available on:|
- Develop Java EE 7 applications using the WildFly platform
- Discover how to manage your WildFly production environment
- A step-by-step tutorial guide to help you get a firm grip on WildFly to create engaging applications
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Design reliable and efficient applications based on Enterprise Java Beans and Context and Dependency Injection
- Set up and manage your own WildFly application server for different development scenarios
- Store your data without binding yourself to a specific database provider using the Java Persistence API
- Create message-based applications using Java Messaging System and integrate third-party systems into them using Java Connector Architecture
- Distribute and secure your enterprise applications by using built-in mechanisms from WildFly and Java EE 7
- Decide between using SOAP and JAX-RS web services to create your external API
- Discover the new side of web applications by exploring WebSockets and their usage scenarios
- Test your application using a real environment with Arquillian
Java Enterprise Edition is a well-known platform for application development. Its seventh release brings many new features and API improvements. WildFly is a successor of the JBoss Application Server family and fully implements the Java EE 7 standards.
This book empowers you to use the latest version of the Java EE 7 platform, including its most advanced features. Every topic is presented using working examples that are prepared to work out of the box with the new WildFly application server. You will learn about the installation of the WildFly Application Server and all the core components, including the Java Development Kit (JDK) and development tools such as Eclipse and Maven.
You will also learn about the application server features, including the components and commands needed to deliver an application, which is the main goal of this book. Furthermore, this book will help you get acquainted with the web interface and the CLI. You will then move on to see how to deploy a sample application to a standalone and domain environment.
This book will give you an insight into JBoss' message-oriented middleware, which allows you to loosely couple heterogeneous systems together, while typically providing reliability and many other features.
By the end of the book, you will have covered important topics like learning the most important info about Java EE technologies, what changes the Javae EE 7 brought, and how to use JBoss Forge scaffolding mechanisms (for example AngularJS) and perform endpoint generation, including JAX-RS.
This book is an easy-to-follow guide to building applications using WildFly 8, the world’s most advanced application server. Each topic is explained in a step-by-step format using fully functional sample applications.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for Java developers who want to learn about Java EE and also for developers who already have experience with the Java EE platform but would like to learn more about the new Java EE 7 features by analyzing fully functional sample applications using the new application server WildFly.