iOS Development with Xamarin Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Explore the new features of Xamarin and learn how to use them
- Step-by-step recipes give you everything you need to get developing with Xamarin
- Full of useful tips and best practices on creating iOS applications
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 386 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2014
ISBN : 1849698929
ISBN 13 : 9781849698924
Author(s) : Dimitris Tavlikos
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Cookbooks
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Development Tools
Chapter 2: User Interface – Views
Chapter 3: User Interface – View Controllers
Chapter 4: Data Management
Chapter 5: Displaying Data
Chapter 6: Web Services
Chapter 7: Multimedia Resources
Chapter 8: Integrating iOS Features
Chapter 9: Interacting with Device Hardware
Chapter 10: Location Services and Maps
Chapter 11: Graphics and Animation
Chapter 12: Multitasking
Chapter 13: Localization
Chapter 14: Deploying
Chapter 15: Advanced Features
If you want to pick up iOS development quickly, this book is for you. Some concepts are not in depth but the book shows them in a very didactical way. Furthermore it covers most of the must-know topics that you will need as an iOS developer - Juan M Gomez
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and use Xamarin.iOS with Xamarin Studio
- Design an application's User Interface with Xcode
- Explore the key concepts and effective usage instructions of iOS UI elements
- Capture and manage multimedia resources using the device's camera and microphone
- Use the accelerometer to capture and respond to device motion
- Create location-aware applications using the built-in GPS, compass, and mapping features
- Effectively use multitasking features to provide a user-friendly experience
- Discover and explore new iOS 7 features
This book will provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to be part of the mobile development era, using C#. Covering a wide range of recipes such as creating a simple application and using device features effectively, it will be your companion to the complete application development cycle.
Starting from installing the necessary tools, you will be guided step-by-step on everything you need to develop an application ready to be deployed. You will learn the best practices for interacting with the device hardware, such as the GPS, compass, and the accelerometer. Furthermore, you will be able to manage multimedia resources such as photos and videos captured with the device camera, and much more!
The book is written in a recipe format with practical examples, allowing you to go directly to your topic of interest or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain an in-depth knowledge. There are also plenty of hints and best practices along the way.
Who this book is for
If you are a C#/.NET developer with no previous experience in iOS development or an Objective-C developer who wants to create complete iOS applications and deploy them to the App Store, then this book is ideal for you. No experience with Xamarin is needed.