Instant Citrix XenDesktop 5 Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Know how to install XenDesktop, integrate it with PVS and build streamed and pooled desktops
- Learn how to build provisioning servers, capture VHD files, and configure streaming
- Tips and tricks to design your XenDesktop infrastructure including Hypervisors, Storage, CPU, and memory
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 66 pages
Release Date : February 2013
ISBN : 1782170022
ISBN 13 : 9781782170020
Author(s) : Mahmoud Magdy
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Enterprise, Virtualisation
Table of ContentsInstant Citrix XenDesktop 5 Starter
- Instant Citrix XenDesktop 5 Starter
- So, what is virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)?
- What is desktop virtualization?
- The XenDesktop architecture
- XenDesktop components
- Delivery block
- Virtualization block
- XenDesktop system requirements
- Step 1 – the lab setup
- Step 2 – installing and configuring Citrix Provisioning Service
- Step 3 – creating and capturing VHD
- Step 4 – XenDesktop Server installation and configuration
- Step 5 – XenDesktop, XenServer, and Provisioning Server Integration
- Quick start – getting started with Desktop Studio
- Step 1 – exploring the XenDesktop console
- Step 2 – creating pooled virtual machines
- Step 3 – managing desktops from the studio
- Top 5 design considerations you need to know about
- Hypervisor design consideration
- Hypervisor processor/memory sizing
- Hypervisor memory sizing
- Hypervisor storage design
- Networking design consideration
- People and places you should get to know
- Blogs and websites
- Twitter accounts
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- What virtual desktops are and their different types and uses
- Installing and configuring XenDesktop and XenDesktop Web Interface
- Building the Provisioning Server infrastructure
- Integrating XenDesktop with Provisioning Server
- Configuring streamed and pooled desktops
- Building and capturing VHD files, collections, and streaming infrastructure
- Administrating XenDesktop infrastructure and navigating the console
The cloud is on the rise and it is here to stay. One of the hottest areas pertaining to the cloud is Virtual Desktops. Virtual desktops bring great simplicity and empowerment into the organization. They reduce cost, and enable remote working and bring your own device (BYOD). With the rise in demand for virtualization skills, it is time for you to start building your career with one of the leading desktop virtualization products in the world, XenDesktop.
"Instant Citrix XenDesktop 5 Starter", with around 40 screenshots detailing every step and every setting, has all the steps to guide you through the process to successfully building a full XenDesktop infrastructure, even if you have no prior knowledge of virtualization. In addition, this compact guide provides tips, tricks, and notes to design a more sophisticated XenDesktop Infrastructure.
"Instant Citrix XenDesktop 5 Starter" is a detailed step-by-step how-to guide to design and build a XenDesktop Infrastructure. For the more inquisitive readers, this book also contains design tips and notes for XenDesktop solutions, in addition to great references including websites, blogs, and Twitter handles. In this book you will get started with desktop virtualization by learning how to build provisioning servers, how to install the XenDesktop controller, website and integrate with the provisioning server, and then move on to learn more advanced tasks such as how to create pooled machines using the famous MCS (Machine Creation Service) and walk through the XenDesktop console. You will end by learning a few neat tips and tricks for your hypervisor storage, memory, and CPU.
In short, with this book you will learn everything you need to know to build a fully-fledged XenDesktop infrastructure, perform basic administration tasks, and design a basic virtual desktop solution.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This easy-to-follow, hands-on guide shows you how to implement desktop virtualization with real life cases and step-by-step instructions. It is a tutorial with step-by-step instructions and adequate screenshots for the installation and administration of Citrix XenDesktop.
Who this book is for
If you are new to XenDesktop or are looking to build your skills in desktop virtualization, this is your step-by-step guide to learning Citrix XenDesktop. For those architects and designers experienced in XenDesktop infrastructure implementation this book aims to be a quick reference guide with notes and reminders for their day-to-day tasks.