Instant Citrix XenApp [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Plan, deploy, and manage a XenApp farm
- Learn how to manage resources in the farm through the use of graphical tools and PowerShell
- Understand the planning needed for the resources that XenApp requires
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 50 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 178217026X
ISBN 13 : 9781782170266
Author(s) : Andrew Mallett
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Virtualization and Cloud, Enterprise, Virtualisation
Table of ContentsInstant Citrix XenApp
- Instant Citrix XenApp
- So, what is Citrix XenApp?
- Step 1 – servers that XenApp requires
- Step 2 – installing the licensing server
- Step 3 – installing XenApp Server and SQL Express
- Step 4 – installing the Web Interface server
- And that's it
- Quick start – publishing applications
- Step 1 – connecting with AppCenter
- Step 2 – publishing an application using AppCenter
- Step 3 – publishing applications using PowerShell
- Step 4 – publishing server desktops
- Step 5 – publishing content
- Step 6 – prelaunching applications
- Step 7 – accessing published applications
- Top 14 features you need to know about
- Delegating administration
- Managing worker groups
- Utilizing Group Policies
- Assigning ICA session timeouts
- Controlling access to ICA virtual channels
- Session lingering
- Demystifying printing within XenApp
- Enabling IMA encryption
- Load management
- Controlling access to servers
- Restricting the domains that can log on to the Web Interface
- Customizing the Web Interface
- Providing secure remote access to XenApp
- Monitoring XenApp
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install the Citrix XenApp 6.5 server on Windows Server 2008R2
- Delegate administration within the XenApp farm by adding an administrator
- Manage the XenApp server farm with both AppCenter and from the command line using PowerShell
- Publish applications to users
- Customize the Web Interface with your corporate branding
- Control client printing within a XenApp environment using policies
- Implement IMA encryption to protect data passed between XenApp servers
- Provide secure remote access using the Citrix Access Gateway
Citrix XenApp is the market leader in application hosting and virtualization delivery, allowing users from different platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile devices to connect to their business applications. Using XenApp, you can deploy secure applications quickly to thousands of users. This book takes you through the deployment of your server farm. With the infrastructure in place, you can publish applications to users and manage load balancing within the server farm.
Instant Citrix XenApp 6.5 is written to be a quick and effective guide to deploy your Citrix-based remote desktop server farm.
You begin by laying out the resources required, such as the Licensing Server, the Web Interface Server, and the XenApp Server. You will then learn their purpose and move onto installing them in their logical order. Next, you can customize the web interface to brand it with your corporate identity. It won't be long before you have already published an application and resources for users and testing gets underway in earnest.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is a great tool to quickly learn and explore the features offered by XenApp 6.5.
Who this book is for
Windows system administrators who want a quick lesson on how to install and configure XenApp.