Inkscape Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn the basics of Inkscape and set up your first vector graphic
- Use the top features of Inkscape with the aid of simple step-by-step instructions
- Discover the Inkscape community and get resources to help you continue your journey
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 40 pages
Release Date : April 2012
ISBN : 1849517568
ISBN 13 : 9781849517560
Author(s) : Bethany Hiitola
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Open Source, Web Development
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- How to download, install and set-up Inkscape.
- Learn about the main features and how to use them.
- Get to know the community and where to get help.
- Create and edit your own text tools.
- Import and embed images seamlessly.
- Make your own custom shapes by combining existing ones.
Inkscape is a free Open Source program that allows you to create vibrant vector graphics in all manner of shapes and sizes. From creating designs for the web or for print, to creating your own personal logo or interfaces, Inkscape gives you the power to shape what people will see when it comes to your personal projects.
If you are new to Inkscape this book is the perfect companion for getting you off to a flying start. No previous experience with Inkscape is required as you will be guided through downloading Inkscape and installing it on your system.
The amount of things that you can do with Inkscape is overwhelming so this quick start guide will show you how to create your very first vector graphic. The resources in this book will help you to become familiar with the Inkscape community, which is a valuable part of any Open Source project. Finally, you will see how to use seven key features of Inkscape –using paths and layers, combining shapes, creating and editing text tools, importing and embedding images, and a list of keyboard shortcuts for text styling - which will give you the knowledge to perform simple tasks and set off on your own.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. With clear explanations to the most important tools, Inkscape offers and an easy-to-follow beginner’s project to get you started. You’ll be able to start your own projects in no time.
Who this book is for
This book is written for those who want to get into creating their first vector graphics with minimal trouble. Anyone, even total beginners to graphics programmers will find all they need to understand what vector graphics are and how to create them.