Instant Lucene.NET [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to execute searches for document indexes
- Understand scoring and influencing search results
- Easily maintain your index
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 66 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1782165940
ISBN 13 : 9781782165941
Author(s) : Michael Heydt
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Instant, .NET, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
- Instant Lucene.NET
- Creating a project using Lucene.NET (Must know)
- Creating a Lucene.NET index (Must know)
- Searching for an index with TermQuery (Must know)
- Searching using QueryParser (Should know)
- Indexing numbers, dates, and time (Become an expert)
- Advanced index searches (Become an expert)
- Understanding Lucene.NET's scoring (Become an expert)
- Ordering search results (Should know)
- Narrowing the search space using filters (Become an expert)
- Deleting documents from an index (Should know)
- Updating a document's search data in an index (Become an expert)
- Optimizing and merging index segments (Become an expert)
- Stopping a slow search (Become an expert)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Use NuGet Package Manager to add Lucene.NET to your solution
- Read unstructured data to your Index
- Understand how documents are scored
- Increase the relevancy ranking of a document
- Optimize your index
- Cancel long running searches
- Remove documents from an index
- Update document data in an index
Lucene.NET is a high performance search library for .NET based upon the proven Lucene open source search project that powers many of the world’s most powerful search tools. Using Lucene.NET in your application can easily provide these capabilities, which are relatively unfamiliar to .NET developers.
Instant Lucene.NET is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear step-by-step recipes, which will help you take advantage of the power of Lucene.NET to add the ability to search through unstructured data in your .NET application.
This book demonstrates how to use Lucene.NET, breaking down the mystery and confusion around how to use the library in your .NET application with clear, practical recipes.
You will learn how to build your own index from complex documents and how to execute queries in order to identify matching documents for specific words and phrases as well as content that starts with or has “fuzziness”.
By the end of the book, you will have learned all the essentials you need to know to add search to applications, as well as how to manage the search process and performance as your data grows.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A step-by-step guide that helps you to index, search, and retrieve unstructured data with the help of Lucene.NET.
Who this book is for
Instant Lucene.NET is essential for developers new to Lucene and Lucene.NET who are looking to get an immediate foundational understanding of how to use the library in their application. It’s assumed you have programming experience in C# already, but not that you have experience with search techniques such as information retrieval theory (although there will be a little of that explained). The recipes in the book generate or come with sample documents, but feel free to use your own!