Instant RESS Implementation How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Build a dynamic website that reacts according to the device
- Learn how to use WURFL for device detection
- Use PHP to load certain pieces of the site based on the user’s device.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 58 pages
Release Date : March 2013
ISBN : 1849696926
ISBN 13 : 9781849696920
Author(s) : Chip Lambert
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant RESS Implementation How-to
- Instant RESS Implementation How-to
- Setting up your development environment (Simple)
- Getting started with PHP (Simple)
- Using responsive web design (Simple)
- Getting started with Modernizr (Simple)
- Finding your visitors with Modernizr (Intermediate)
- Checking for web storage with Modernizr (Intermediate)
- Getting started with WURFL (Intermediate)
- Using WURFL to check for Apple devices (Intermediate)
- Beginning responsive design with PHP (Simple)
- Laying out our page with RESS (Intermediate)
- Displaying images (Intermediate)
- Getting visitor feedback (Advanced)
- Wrapping it up (Simple)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Check for features such as Geolocation and Web Storage support.
- Learn about ScientiaMobile’s new cloud based WURFL library
- Use WURFL to check for iOS devices and display a banner for a iPhone/iPad app
- Discover how mixing PHP and CSS can change the layout of a website
- Learn how you can make device specific web forms that look great no matter how they are viewed.
The web design industry has changed dramatically in the last year. Everything that was common practice before is now outdated and everyone is clambering to keep up. Get ahead of the curve with the future of responsive web design, RESS. Responsive Web design with Server Side components gives you the best of both worlds.
Instant RESS Implementation How-to is an introduction to using server-side languages such as PHP to build a website that can easily adapt to whatever device the user visits your site with. You will no longer need a specific mobile site. RESS means saying goodbye to .m and .mobi forever.
Instant RESS Implementation How-to will teach you everything you need to get started with RESS and start on the journey to becoming a better web developer. It looks at a new way to build mobile websites that can still have the look and functionality of a normal website.
You will learn how to use PHP along with Modernizr and WURFL to build dynamic websites that deliver different content dependent on the devices being used.
If you want a website that is truly ahead of the curve, then this is the book for you.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks .Written with developers in mind this guide will show you how to make use of RESS using easy to follow examples and step by step solutions.
Who this book is for