Implementing NetScaler VPX™
|Also available on:|
- Learn how to design, set up, and deploy Netscaler VPX in a virtual environment to make all your Web applications faster and secure
- Harness the power and efficiencies of off-the-shelf hardware and their virtualized, dynamic datacenters
- Step-by-step instructions showing you how to implement different features using sample scenarios and real-world examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 136 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : April 2014
ISBN : 178217267X
ISBN 13 : 9781782172673
Author(s) : Marius Sandbu
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Web Development, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: NetScaler VPX™ 10.1 Basics and Setup
Chapter 2: NetScaler GatewayTM
Chapter 3: Load Balancing
Chapter 4: Compression and Caching
Chapter 5: High Availability and Traffic Analysis
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure different VPN solutions and set up an ICA Proxy
- Set up load balancing for SharePoint, Exchange, and SQL
- Gain more insight into traffic management with NetScaler® and Wireshark
- Generate and get historical data with NetScaler Insight Center™
- Design and set up NetScaler VPX™
- Protect your web services with an application firewall
- Enhance the speed of your web services using caching and compression
- Deploy a high availability environment
With a larger demand for responsive websites and availability of services, the IT domain is faced with an ever-rising need for services that are optimized for speed. NetScaler VPX™ is a software-based virtual appliance providing users with the comprehensive NetScaler® feature set. Implementing apps and cloud-based services is much easier with its increased service performance, and integrated security.
Starting off with the basics, this book will give you an insight on all the features NetScaler VPX™ has to offer. You will learn how to set it up and configure it in a virtual environment and will also discover how to integrate it with an existing Citrix® infrastructure. Next, you will venture into other topics such as load balancing Microsoft and Citrix® solutions, configuring different forms of high availability Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB), and will learn how to troubleshoot and analyze data using its extensive array of features. Finally, you will learn how to protect web services using an application firewall.
An easy-to-follow guide with detailed step-by step-instructions on how to implement the different key components in NetScaler, with real-world examples and sample scenarios.
Who this book is for
If you are a Citrix® or network administrator who needs to implement NetScaler® in your virtual environment to gain an insight on its functionality, this book is ideal for you. A basic understanding of networking and familiarity with some of the different Citrix® products such as XenApp® or XenDesktop® is a prerequisite.