Implementing Cloud Storage with OpenStack Swift
|Also available on:|
- Learn about the fundamentals of cloud storage using OpenStack Swift
- Explore how to install and manage OpenStack Swift along with various hardware and tuning options
- Perform data transfer and management using REST APIs
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Cloud Storage: Why Can't I be like Google?
Chapter 2: OpenStack Swift Architecture
Chapter 3: Installing OpenStack Swift
Chapter 4: Using Swift
Chapter 5: Managing Swift
Chapter 6: Choosing the Right Hardware
Chapter 7: Tuning Your Swift Installation
Chapter 8: Additional Resources
Appendix: Advanced Features
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand OpenStack Swift architecture and how it can be used to build cloud storage
- Install OpenStack Swift in a multi-cluster environment
- Choose the right hardware configuration as per your system requirements
- Tune Swift for your particular workload and use case
- Explore what use cases OpenStack Swift is suitable for
Swift, OpenStack's cloud software project, allows users to build cloud storage, a method used widely to slash costs and improve usability. With Swift, not only can users build storage using inexpensive commodity hardware, but they can also use public cloud storage that is built using the same technology. This book will provide you with the skills to build and operate your own cloud storage or use a third-party cloud.
You will start with the fundamentals of cloud storage, how OpenStack Swift is useful for cloud storage, and a review of Swift's architecture. Next, learn about installation, use, and managing Swift with step-by-step instructions and ample screenshots. Perform basic data transfers and access-control-list management using REST APIs. Hardware choice, Swift tuning, and use cases will round off your skills. This book is an invaluable tool if you want to get a head-start in the world of cloud storage using OpenStack Swift.
This tutorial-based book has a step-by-step approach for each topic, ensuring it is thoroughly covered and easy to follow.
Who this book is for
If you are an IT architect or administrator who wants to enter the world of cloud storage using OpenStack Swift, then this book is ideal for you. Whether your job is to build, manage, or use OpenStack Swift, this book is an excellent way to move your career ahead.