|Also available on:|
- Complete tutorial and a gallery of tricks and techniques
- Create impressive image manipulations and animations on-the-fly from the command line or within your programs
- Complete PHP-based sample applications show how to use ImageMagick to add pizzazz your web site
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 232 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2006
ISBN : 1904811868
ISBN 13 : 9781904811862
Author(s) : Sohail Salehi
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source, Web Graphics & Video
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Installation and Configuration
Chapter 3: Convert and Mogrify
Chapter 4: Composite and Montage
Chapter 5: Identify, Display, and Import
Chapter 6: Animation
Chapter 7: Conjure
Chapter 8: Practical Web Projects
Chapter 9: An E-Card Application
Chapter 10: Exciting E-Card Designs
Appendix A: Install New Fonts In ImageMagick
Appendix B: Compression In ImageMagick
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 03 Jan 2012
|page 31||Typo||03 Oct 06|
|page 34||Error in example||03 Oct 06|
|page 41||Error in example||03 Oct 06|
|page 44||Error in Example||30 Oct 06|
|page 45||Error in Example||30 Oct 06|
|page 53||Typo||30 Oct 06|
|page 57||Error in Example||30 Oct 06|
|page 58||Error in Example||30 Oct 06|
|page 59||quotes||30 Oct 06|
|page 71||quotes||30 Oct 06|
What you will learn from this book
- Understand what ImageMagick can do and why you will want to use it
- Install the ImageMagick software on your own computer or a server, and understand your way around it
- Create exciting text effects and produce eye catching logos and headings for use in your pages or applications
- Slice, dice, and filter your images turn simple photos into mind-bending designs and illusions
- Create thumbnails by converting file types, resizing, and cropping to consistent size, aspect ratio, and format. Or create complete image catalogues with thumbnails, file names, and information combined in a single image.
- Make your images look 3D with clever application of blurs, displacements, and masks
- Extract information from your files such as size, compression levels, and source information
- Use ImageMagick to create GIF animations, from simple slideshows to gradual morphs and effects
- Generate ImageMagick scripts in MSL using the conjure utility
- Write web applications such as an advanced e-card generator, and even create your own Packt book cover!
- Crystal clear explanations â€“ this might be Magick, but there's no smoke and mirrors!
The book is packed with interesting and fun examples. We had a lot of fun coming up with cool ways to demonstrate ImageMagick's power, and we're sure you'll have fun learning how to create them.
Although the printed book is in black and white, there is a full colour PDF of the screenshots freely available that includes all of the images in the book. Use it to see exactly what the ImageMagick effects look like in colour, or browse through it and see just what you'll learn to do with this book.
ImageMagick is a free software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap images using text-based commands. The commands can be issued from the command line, but more often will be included in web or desktop applications â€“ carrying out complex image-manipulation tasks in response to the user's input.
ImageMagick is a popular way for generating images on-the-fly in web pages, whether it's generating thumbnails from a large image, or creating complex combinations of images, text, and effects chosen by a visitor or the web site's creator.
This fast paced and practical tutorial is packed with examples of photo manipulations, logo creation, animations, and complete web projects. With this book up your sleeve, you'll be creating spellbinding images from code in no time
|Color images of every ImageMagick Trick available now for free!
Get your copy now from the book's Download Area
See the amazing things you can do with ImageMagick and this book.
Sohail Salehi is an experienced computer graphics artist, working with 2D, 3D, and video graphics. The book shows his techniques in action. This is no laborious walk through of ImageMagick, with one dull example after another. The chapters consist of workshops, each one applying a set of ImageMagick commands to produce surprising and exciting results. As you read the book, you will learn the features of ImageMagick as well as getting lots of inspiration and ideas for how you can use it in your own projects. You'll be amazed by the creative results you can achieve using code.