IBM Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.1
|Also available on:|
- Upgrade to the latest version of Lotus Notes and Domino
- Understand the new features and put them to work in your business
- Thoroughly covers Domino Attachment Object Service (DAOS), Domino Configuration Tuner (DCT), and iNotes
- Explore other useful Lotus products, such as Lotus Sametime, Lotus Quickr, Lotus Connections, and IBM WebSphere Portal
- Packed with expert tips and useful screenshots
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 336 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : January 2010
ISBN : 1847199283
ISBN 13 : 9781847199287
Author(s) : Barry Max Rosen, Bennie Gibson, Brad Schauf, David Byrd, Dick McCarrick, Joseph Anderson, Tim Speed
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise, IBM
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Overview of New Lotus Notes 8.5 Client Features
Chapter 2: Lotus Notes 8.5 and SOA
Chapter 3: Productivity Tools
Chapter 4: Lotus Domino 8.5 Server Features
Chapter 5: Deployment Enhancements in Notes/Domino 8.5
Chapter 6: Upgrading to Notes and Domino 8.5
Chapter 7: Coexistence between Notes/Domino Releases
Chapter 8: What's New in Notes/Domino 8.5 Development
Chapter 9: Integration with Other Lotus/IBM Products
Chapter 10: Domino 8.5 Enhancements
Appendix: Third-party Products
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the new features in Domino Designer 8.5.1 that help build business and collaboration applications quickly
- Get to grips with features including security, mail, calendar, and contacts
- Get solutions to issues that you may encounter during the upgrading process
- Quickly examine coexistence issues involved in running Notes/Domino in a mixed environment and solve them efficiently
- Discover add-on products such as Lotus QuickPlace/Quickr and Lotus Sametime for a typical Notes/Domino infrastructure
- Review iNotes updates and explore its new features in full mode
- Integrate Lotus Domino 8.5.1 with IBM servers and tools
- Save disk space by managing attachments on a per server basis using Domino Attachment and Object Service (DAOS)
- Integrate Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) with Lotus Notes 8.5.1
- Roll out your new deployment with ease by using enhancements, dynamic settings, and the Database redirect policies of Notes/Domino 8.5.1
With Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.1, IBM has once again provided business users with an intuitive, fully integrated platform to enhance each user's experience with business communications, while reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increasing Return on Investment (ROI). You can create and share information effectively to make quick business decisions and streamline the way they work. It is no longer just an email tool, but a means of extending business communications to a new level. In order to utilize all the powerful features of the new release, you need to upgrade your existing system to Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.1.
Written by senior architects and specialists of IBM Software Services for Lotus, this book will be your guide and enable you to quickly upgrade your existing system and leverage the full capabilities of Lotus Notes 8.5.1. The authors explore the enhanced productivity tools available with this release by integrating word processing, presentations, and spreadsheets into a seamless unit with your messaging and collaboration solution.
The book starts with an overview of Lotus Notes and Domino, including all the exciting features in the new version. You will learn to utilize the efficient productivity tools that are shipped with Lotus Notes client, and discover the updates in Domino server. You will learn the specific steps needed to upgrade to Lotus Notes 8.5.1 with detailed explanations so that you can upgrade from any previous Lotus Notes and Domino release.
Additional focus emphasizes the enhanced features available in 8.5.1 from a Domino perspective to reduce the overall costs of managing and deploying the Domino infrastructure. The Domino environment has been enhanced to leverage new technologies to increase performance, reduce storage costs, and provide a robust environment to surface information via the web browser or the rich client. Integration with other Lotus and IBM products – including Lotus Quickr, Lotus Connections, and Lotus Sametime – is covered later in the book. These products are all converging to become the next generation of people productivity solutions.
This book shows you how to delve into the world of SOA, as the authors demonstrate how Lotus Notes can be part of a SOA strategy that can accelerate business integration and generate value. You will realize the value of your investment in Lotus Notes 8.5.1 when you learn to leverage the full capabilities of Lotus Notes 8.5.1 and quickly move from your existing technology base to this new feature-rich platform.
A complete guide to the most powerful new features and changes in the new release of Lotus Notes/Domino
This book walks through the new features of the Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.1 suite and documents technical features in a descriptive way, with examples and useful screenshots. The book also discusses likely problems you might face while upgrading, and shows how to get the most out of the exciting new features.
Who this book is for
This book is for Lotus Notes power users, administrators, and developers working with any version of Lotus Notes/Domino, who want to upgrade to Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.1.
Additionally, it can be leveraged by management to gain a high-level understanding of the new features and capabilities offered within the products.