IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 Dashboarding Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Exploring and interacting with IBM Cognos Business Insight and Business Insight Advanced
- Creating dashboards in IBM Cognos Business Insight and Business Insight Advanced
- Sharing and Collaborating on Dashboards using portlets
- Best practices related to Dashboards in Cognos 10.1
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 206 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2012
ISBN : 1849685827
ISBN 13 : 9781849685825
Author(s) : Ankit Garg
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Cookbooks, Enterprise, IBM
Table of ContentsPreface
Chapter 1: IBM Cognos 10 Dashboard Components
Chapter 2: Business Insight Dashboards
Chapter 3: Business Insight Advanced Dashboard
Chapter 4: Creating Dashboards in IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced
Chapter 5: Creating Dashboards in Cognos Business Insight
Chapter 6: Sharing and Collaborating with Other Users
- Chapter 1: IBM Cognos 10 Dashboard Components
- Introducing IBM Cognos 10 BI Cognos Connection
- Exploring IBM Cognos Business Insight User Interface
- Exploring IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced User Interface
- Chapter 2: Business Insight Dashboards
- Opening a dashboard in IBM Cognos Business Insight
- Exploring the Content and Toolbox panes, and customizing the dashboard view
- Exploring widget controls and customizing widgets
- Exploring the Application bar
- Chapter 3: Business Insight Advanced Dashboard
- Opening a dashboard in IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced
- Exploring the Insertable Objects pane
- Exploring the Properties pane
- Exploring the Application bar – general options
- Exploring the Application bar – Cognos-specific options
- Chapter 4: Creating Dashboards in IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced
- Creating your first dashboard – defining basic layout
- Inserting a chart widget
- Inserting a crosstab widget
- Formatting and arriving at the final layout
- Performing drill up and drill down
- Applying conditional formatting to the dashboard
- Chapter 5: Creating Dashboards in Cognos Business Insight
- Creating a dashboard in Cognos Business Insight
- Applying filters in Cognos Business Insight
- Configuring widget controls to customize the dashboard
- Chapter 6: Sharing and Collaborating with Other Users
- Collaborating with other users
- Sharing Cognos content – adding portal pages to Cognos Connection
- Sharing Cognos content – adding reports as portal tabs
- Sharing the IBM Cognos Business Insight dashboard
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 14 Dec 2012
Please find the correct and updated biodata of Darshan Donni, who is the reviewer of this book:
Darshan Donni has worked with the Cognos BI third-level support team in the IBM India Software Labs. Prior to this, he worked with the Cognos BI second-level support team. He blogs actively on http://cognoscommentary.blogspot.com. He has participated in numerous customer engagements for IBM clients.
What you will learn from this book
- Introducing IBM Cognos Business Insight
- Introducing IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced
- Exploring and interacting with IBM Cognos Business Insight
- Exploring and interacting with IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced
- Creating dashboards in IBM Cognos Business Insight and IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced.
- Sharing and Collaborating Dashboards.
IBM Cognos 10 BI is the leader in the Gartner quadrant in terms of BI capabilities. There have been new features introduced with IBM Cognos 10 BI in terms of dashboards and BI. The book intends to highlight the latest and advanced dashboarding features introduced with IBM Cognos 10 BI.
The book covers Business Insight and Business Insight Advanced in a comprehensive manner. It also covers best practices in terms of creating and distributing dashboards using IBM Cognos 10 BI, without which no BI solution would look presentable, usable and efficient.
The book covers the new IBM Cognos 10 dashboarding capabilities in detail and a comprehensive manner.
There whole content is divided in to step-by-step recipes, each of which covers a specific link in the whole chain of understanding and learning.
Recipes are augmented with real steps and screenshots which nullify chances of error or misjudgement.
These along with explanation, tips and information will help users to completely follow recipes and have a clear and concise understanding and will eventually enable them to use these in their own areas of interest.
This book is written in the style of a cookbook, with emphasis on practical, step-by-step recipes augmented with real screenshots and little to no theory. This approach will help you follow each step, each link, and see the bigger picture.
Who this book is for
If you are a user with basic knowledge of Cognos BI (any version) and want to learn the advanced and latest dashboarding capabilities shipped with IBM Cognos BI, this book is for you.