IBM Cognos BI v10.2 Administration Essentials
|Also available on:|
- Apply drill-through definition feature to different areas of Cognos BI
- Manage User profiles and User Interface Profiles
- Full of step-by-step explanations on all the routine Cognos BI tasks of an administrator
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 128 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1782171789
ISBN 13 : 9781782171782
Author(s) : Khalid Mehmood Awan
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Cognos BI 10.2
Chapter 2: The IBM Cognos Configuration Window in Detail
Chapter 3: Managing IBM Cognos BI Server Components
Chapter 4: Administration Portal
Chapter 5: Securing IBM Cognos BI
Chapter 6: Drill-through Definitions
Chapter 7: Logging, Auditing, and Cognos Backups
Chapter 8: Additional Configurations and Customization
Chapter 9: Administration of New and Enhanced Features
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 2 submitted: last submission 28 Feb 2014
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 33
Under the heading "Zero footprint – IBM Cognos web-based interfaces for users", the sentence "The following sections discuss the web-based interfaces available to Cognos users. " is repeated.
- Mention that there are IBM examination tracks, like COG-622 for IBM Cognos BI Administration; being part of the Certified Solution Expert for Cognos BI-track.
- Mention that support for Transformer and Metrics Designer is slowly going EOL. It may help comapnies/futura admins bet their money on continuity. Can't let Transformer and Metrics Designer out of it, since they are still supported.
- Explain Cryptography some more. This is something companies/governments with sensitive data will appreciate (think: banks, police, etc).
- Explain something more about licensing or link to some page on the IBM site (if it exists).
- Explain the possibility for disaster recovery (script) when you kick yourself self out of Cognos by deleting the last admin account withing the administrators group in the Cognos namespace.
- Maybe a list of files that can be edited/are smart to back-up.
- In the topic Windows-based interfaces for users, page 34, please add topics like Dynamic Query Analyser etc. Also, Map Manager can be installed with Framework Manager. So please place them right after Framework Manager. Also there are more Windows based applications that can be added.
What you will learn from this book
- Create and explore drill-through feature/definition
- Manage the IBM Cognos BI Server components
- Get to grips with Cognos Administration Portal
- Customize your Cognos environment.
- Troubleshoot issues with logging
- Use audit logs and reports with Cognos BI
- Explore various aspects of content auditing
- Get introduced to Cognos Mobile & Multi-tenancy, two of the key new features of IBM Cognos BI 10.2
- Identify tenancy information
- Understand the secure features, functionalities, and capabilities of IBM Cognos BI
IBM Cognos BI v10.2 is an advanced suite of business intelligence tools that empower a business with a wide range of capabilities to plan, design, develop, manage reports, analysis, and design dashboards to deliver effective business intelligence strategies. This book particularly focuses on understanding the administration aspects of managing a Cognos BI environment.
This fast-paced guide will provide you with practical hands-on experience of all the necessary features to administer an IBM Cognos environment. The book starts by providing you with a detailed explanation of administering the servers’ environment, managing content and creating a drill-through definition. Furthermore, this book will also help you to identify security features, perform logging and auditing, monitor performance, customize appearance of Cognos, and more to help make your Cognos environment secure and reliable.
The book introduces you to the new features of Cognos BI, to highlight the administrative capabilities offered by the latest release of the IBM Cognos 10 suite of BI tools. It then takes you through IBM Cognos BI’s architecture and components, while providing a detailed explanation of some of the core areas of Cognos BI Administration. The book gives practical explanations on implementing important features such as creating and deploying the drill-through feature, security system performance, maintain content, manage User profiles and User Interface Profiles, and so on. Indeed, IBM Cognos BI v10.2 Administration Essentials will be your essential guide to Cognos BI Administration.
A practical and fast-paced guide, with step-by-step explanations to give you all the information you need to know the power of Cognos BI Administration.
Who this book is for
If you are a Cognos BI administrator or architect, this is the book for you. You must have basic knowledge of databases and business intelligence. You also need to be familiar with Cognos BI and must have worked in any section of reports studio, modelling or maps, to get the best out of this book.