Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Back up and restore PostgreSQL databases
- Use built-in tools to create simple backups
- Restore the easy way with internal commands
- Cut backup and restore time with advanced techniques
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 54 pages
Release Date : March 2013
ISBN : 1782169105
ISBN 13 : 9781782169109
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Data, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to
- Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to
- Getting a basic export (Simple)
- Partial database exports (Simple)
- Restoring a database export (Simple)
- Obtaining a binary backup (Simple)
- Stepping into TAR backups (Intermediate)
- Taking snapshots (Advanced)
- Synchronizing backup servers (Intermediate)
- Restoring a binary backup (Simple)
- Point in time recovery (Intermediate)
- Warm and hot standby restore (Intermediate)
- Streaming replication (Advanced)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Target specific data with partial dump and restore
- Explore SQL-only techniques for smaller databases
- Drastically reduce restore time using Parallel SQL
- Create easy binary backups and clones with built-in tools
- Slash backup times with parallel compression
- Harness file system snapshots for stable online binary backups
- Synchronize multiple databases as standby backup servers
Backing up a database is something that all system admins must eventually face. Larger warehouses and critical enterprise data requires advanced techniques and tools to handle this complex data. PostgreSQL provides you with the basic tools for accomplishing this complex task.
"Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to" is a practical series of proven recipes showing you how to preserve critical business data, and also teach you some advanced methods for restoring this data. It is a perfect manual for managing your critical PostgreSQL data.
Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to is your practical guide to the unique features that PostgreSQL offers to create quick backups and efficient restores.
Starting by backing up a simplistic database and learning how-to restore it to working order, we then move on to more complex backup techniques including creating and restoring binary backups.
Covering advanced topics such as Warm and Hot standby restore and Streaming replication, Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to gives you the power to make complete backups to guarantee you will always be able to restore your database to full working order!
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This hands-on guide provides a quick and easy way to back up and restore your database using PostgreSQL.
Who this book is for
Written for database administrators who want to create backups of their critical enterprise data and efficiently restore it using PostgreSQL.