Instant HTML5 Presentations How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create presentations using HTML5 and run them straight from your browser
- Easily publish presentations on your website by using modern web technologies
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 64 pages
Release Date : February 2013
ISBN : 1782164782
ISBN 13 : 9781782164784
Author(s) : Davi Ferreira
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Open Source, Web Development
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant HTML5 Presentations How-to
- Instant HTML5 Presentations How-to
- Creating our initial presentation (Simple)
- Customizing our presentation (Simple)
- Adding speaker notes (Simple)
- Installing and using Sass (Advanced)
- Theming (Medium)
- Setting up slide transitions (Simple)
- Connecting slides (Simple)
- Creating vertical/nested slides (Simple)
- Using fragmented views (Simple)
- Adding Markdown content (Simple)
- Customizing slides with global state (Medium)
- Working with custom events (Advanced)
- Plugins and extensions (Medium)
- Exporting our presentation as PDF (Simple)
- Server-side speaker notes (Advanced)
"I would recommend this to anyone who has to create presentations and is looking for an alternative to PowerPoint which gives more flexibility. Go buy the book, it is worth the few dollars Packt is charging for it" - Tony Dunsworth
"A must read for anyone wanting to create beautiful HTML5 presentations. Like every book published by Packt, it is so easy to understand and follow, you will want to start developing today!" - Nathalie Diagle
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create an excellent presentation using reveal.js
- Customize your presentation using reveal.js embed options
- Build a custom presentation theme using SASS and CSS3
- Create a custom presentation navigation bar using HTML5 and CSS3
- Export your HTML5 presentation in PDF
- Customize the presentation using global states, link directly to slides, and create content fragments that display sequentially
Presentations are no longer limited to platform specific software. You can now create stunning slides and display them on a web browser using modern technologies like HTML5 and CSS3.
You will start by creating a basic presentation using reveal.js, working your way through customization so that you can tailor it your specific needs. You'll then move on to create a custom theme for your slides, add an elapsed time clock, modify slide transitions, create a navigation bar, and much more.
After going through the exercises in "Instant HTML5 Presentations How-to" you will be able to create a fully functional presentation that will run on all modern web browsers on any platform.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.As a Packt Instant, this book aims to provide short, fast and focused information to help you get the results that you need.
Who this book is for