Instant Heat Maps in R How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Create heat maps in R using different file formats
- Learn how to make choropleth maps and contour plots
- Generate your own customized heat maps and add interactivity for displaying on the web
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 72 pages
Release Date : June 2013
ISBN : 1782165649
ISBN 13 : 9781782165644
Author(s) : Sebastian Raschka
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Data, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Heat Maps in R How-to
- Instant Heat Maps in R How-to
- Creating your first heat map in R (Simple)
- Reading data from different file formats (Intermediate)
- Customizing heat maps (Intermediate)
- Drawing choropleth maps and contour plots (Intermediate)
- Exporting for presentation (Simple)
- Bringing your data to life (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Use different heat map functions in R
- Customize the layout of your heat maps
- Read the data and apply it to the heat map
- Export your heat maps into high-quality picture formats
- Display geographical data on choropleth maps and contour plots
- Add interactive hover effects to your heat maps
R has grown rapidly over the years to become one of the most versatile and valuable tools for data analysis and graphing. One of its many useful features is the heat map representation of numerical data, which is an invaluable tool to discover patterns in data quickly and efficiently.
Instant Heat Maps in R How-to provides you with practical recipes to create heat maps of all difficulty levels by yourself right from the start. At the end of each recipe, you will find an in-depth analysis that will equip you with everything you need to know to frame the code to your own needs.
Instant Heat Maps in R will present you with all the different heat map plotting functions that exist in R. You will start by creating simple heat maps before moving on to learn how to add more features to them. While you advance step-by-step through the well-connected recipes, you will find out which tool suits the given situation best. You will learn how to read data from popular file formats and how to format the data to create heat maps as well as the ways to export them for presentation.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Heat Maps in R: How-to is an easy to understand book that starts with a simple heat map and takes you all the way through to advanced heat maps with graphics and data manipulation.
Who this book is for
Heat Maps in R How-to is the book for you if you want to make use of this free and open source software to get the most out of your data analysis. You need to have at least some experience in using R and know how to run basic scripts from the command line. However, knowledge of other statistical scripting languages such as Octave, S-Plus, or MATLAB will suffice to follow along with the recipes. You need not be from a statistics background.