Hadoop MapReduce v2 Cookbook - Second Edition: RAW
|Also available on:|
- Process large and complex datasets using next generation Hadoop
- Install, configure, and administer MapReduce programs and learn what’s new in MapReduce v2
- More than 90 Hadoop MapReduce recipes presented in a simple and straightforward manner, with step-by-step instructions and real-world examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 293 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2014
ISBN : 1783285478
ISBN 13 : 9781783285471
Author(s) : Thilina Gunarathne
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Open Source, RAW books
|1||Getting Started with AngularJS
||IN THE BOOK|
|2||Creating Reusable Components with Directives||IN THE BOOK|
|3||Data Handling||IN THE BOOK|
|4||Dependency Injection and Services
||IN THE BOOK|
||IN THE BOOK|
||IN THE BOOK|
|8||Automating the Workflow
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install Hadoop Yarn, Hadoop MapReduce, and HDFS
- Configure and administer Hadoop Yarn, MapReduce v2, and HDFS clusters
- Extend Hadoop v2 to suit your needs
- Use Hive, HBase, Pig, Mahout, and Nutch with Hadoop v2 to solve your Big Data problems easily and effectively
- Solve large-scale analytics problems using MapReduce-based applications
- Tackle complex problems such as classifications, finding relationships, online marketing, recommendations, and searching using Hadoop MapReduce and other related projects
- Perform massive text data processing using Hadoop MapReduce and other related projects
- Deploy your clusters to cloud environments
We are currently facing an avalanche of data, and this data contains many insights that could be the difference between success and failure in the data-driven world. Next generation Hadoop MapReduce (v2) offers a cutting-edge platform for storage and analysis of these massive datasets, improving upon the widely used and highly successful Hadoop MapReduce v1. The ability to store and analyze these massive datasets using Hadoop and related technologies are highly sought after skills in the current market.
This book contains practical recipes for analyzing large and complex datasets with next generation Hadoop MapReduce, which will provide you with the required skills and knowledge needed to become an expert with MapReduce v2.
Starting with installing Hadoop Yarn, MapReduce, HDFS, and other Hadoop ecosystem components, you will soon learn about many exciting topics such as MapReduce patterns, using Hadoop to solve analytics, classifications, online marketing, recommendations, and data indexing and searching. You will also learn how to take advantage of Hadoop ecosystem projects including Hive, HBase, Pig, Mahout, Nutch, and Giraph. You will also be introduced to deploying in cloud environments.
By the end of the book, you will be able to apply the knowledge you have gained in your own real-world scenarios to achieve the best possible results.
This book is currently available as a RAW (Read As we Write) book. A RAW book is an ebook, and this one is priced at 20% off the usual eBook price. Once you purchase the RAW book, you can immediately download the content of the book so far, and when new chapters become available, you will be notified, and can download the new version of the book. When the book is published, you will receive the full, finished eBook.
If you like, you can preorder the print book at the same time as you purchase the RAW book at a significant discount.
Since a RAW book is an eBook, a RAW book is non returnable and non refundable.
Local taxes may apply to your eBook purchase.
Taking a practical, solution-based approach, each chapter of this book consists of easy-to-follow recipes that guide you step-by-step through useful code snippets and engaging examples.
Who this book is for
If you are a Big Data enthusiast and wish to use Hadoop v2 to solve your problems, then this book is for you. This book is for Java programmers with little to moderate knowledge of Hadoop MapReduce. This is also a one-stop reference for developers and system admins who want to quickly get up to speed with using Hadoop v2. It would be helpful to have a basic knowledge of software development using Java and a basic working knowledge of Linux.