|Also available on:|
- Add to your website's functionality by utilizing Google Maps' power
- Full of code examples and screenshots for practical and efficient learning
- Empowers you to build your own mapping application from the ground up
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Adding Raster Layers
Chapter 3: Adding Vector Layers
Chapter 4: Working with Controls
Chapter 7: Working with Services
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Create simple maps and display them on mobile devices
- Style your own base maps
- Add your own tile maps as base maps or overlays
- Show vector layers on base maps in various types such as points, polylines or polygons
- Parse various vector formats such as KML, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, WKT, and so on
- Create a custom UI and customize your own ways to control it
- Respond to various events including mobile gestures
- Add additional libraries to extend the capabilities of the API
- Work with Google Services for geocoding, directions, StreetView, and so on
- Integrate open source or commercial GIS servers or services
This book begins by covering the essentials of including simple maps for Web and mobile, adding vector and raster layers, styling your own base maps, creating your own controls and responding to events, and including your own events.
Who this book is for