Instant Google Map Maker Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Understand the basics of Google map maker
- Add places of interest such as your hotels, cinemas, schools, and more
- Edit and update details for existing places
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 50 pages
Release Date : March 2013
ISBN : 1849695288
ISBN 13 : 9781849695282
Author(s) : Limoke Oscar
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Google, Instant, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant Google Map Maker Starter
- Instant Google Map Maker Starter
- So, what is Google Map Maker?
- System requirements
- Quick start
- Common issues in Google Map Maker
- The Map Maker interface
- Review area
- Map view area
- Map controls
- Edit control
- Personal/User area
- Top features you need to know about
- Adding new Features to Google Maps
- Points or Points of Interest (POI)
- Editing existing features
- Points/ POI
- Reviewing and moderating edits/features
- Browse features
- Sharing edits on Google Plus
- People and places you should get to know
- Google Map Maker forum
- Google Map Maker moderation guidelines
- Map Makerpedia
- Google Lat Long blog
- Map Maker Social
- Downloading Google Map Maker data
- Watching live edits in Map Maker
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create features in Google Map Maker such as point , linear, and polygon features
- Add descriptive details and data to features in Google Map Maker
- Create directions from point A to point B
- Edit features and edits from other users in Google Map Maker
- Review and moderate features and edits
Geographic information is increasingly becoming an integral part of our lives. Sourcing and making a reliable geographical directory and database of the places we love, let alone one online, is a very expensive undertaking. However, with Google Map Maker, you don’t have to worry about the cost. Google provides a platform where individuals and communities can collaborate to put the places they love and know on the map for everyone to see and use across the world online, all for free.
"Instant Google Map Maker Starter" offers a simple approach to getting started with Google Map Maker with clear and uncomplicated examples and diagrams to take you through the process of creating and sharing your first map. This is meant to help you realize the full potential of this free web mapping platform for both your community and your business.
This book will help you out with discovering what Google Map Maker actually is, what you can do with it, and why it’s so great for you, your business, and your community.
You will find out more on Google Map Maker such as the countries supported, the system requirements including supported browsers, and some known issues. You will also be able to create point, polygon, and linear features and to create maps of places you know and love. You will also be able to understand how to review and moderate edits made by other mappers in Google Map Maker, and share edits , maps, and directions.
"Instant Google Map Maker Starter" is a simplified guide that will help you quickly create online maps of the places you know and love, to be shared by everyone in the world on Google platforms.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.This is a practical, example-rich Starter which helps you with the skills needed to learn Google Map Maker.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for those who would like to understand how Google maps are created and are interested in creating their own maps in Google Map Maker. No special skills or system requirements are necessary. You will very quickly understand how the Google Map Maker platform and community work and have your own map edits by the end of your read. You will also find useful communities and social media personalities to follow.