Instant Google Drive Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Use Google Drive to safely store, organize, and access your files from anywhere with your computer, phone, or tablet
- Upload files and folders from your hard drive into Google Drive
- Get stuff done in the cloud by sharing files, collaborating with others, and using add-on apps for Google Drive
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 82 pages
Release Date : January 2013
ISBN : 1782160485
ISBN 13 : 9781782160489
Author(s) : Mike Procopio
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Google, Instant, Other
Table of ContentsInstant Google Drive Starter
- Instant Google Drive Starter
- So, what is Google Drive?
- What can you do with Google Drive?
- First steps for using Google Drive
- The Google Drive user interface
- 1 – Files list
- 2 – Toolbars
- 3 – Context menu
- 4 – Navigation panel
- 5 – Preview panel
- 6 – Search bar
- 7 – Create and upload buttons
- Quick start – creating content in Google Drive
- Creating new documents with the built-in applications
- Creating a document
- Working with your new document
- Saving your data with the built-in applications
- Collaborating with others on your document
- Working with your new document in Google Drive
- Uploading files from your computer
- Example – uploading individual files
- The upload progress window
- Uploading files using drag-and-drop
- The upload settings menu
- Uploading folders
- Managing your storage in Google Drive
- Uploading files with the Google Drive sync program
- Top 7 features you need to know about
- 1 – Working with files and folders
- Opening and downloading files
- Previewing files
- Creating a new folder
- Moving a file into a folder
- Deleting files
- 2 – Searching for files
- Searching with keywords
- Searching with filters
- Combination searches
- Searching by people
- 3 – Sharing files with other people
- The Sharing settings screen
- Example – sharing a file
- 4 – Updating your settings
- 5 – Using third-party add-on applications
- What can you do with Drive Apps?
- Installing Drive Apps
- Using Drive Apps
- Managing your installed Drive Apps
- 6 – Using the Google Drive sync program
- Sync examples
- File syncing basics
- Downloading and installing Google Drive
- Working with the Google Drive sync program
- Choosing which folders to sync
- 7 – Using Google Drive on your phone or tablet
- Installing the Google Drive app for Android
- Installing the Google Drive App for iPhone or iPad
- Using the Mobile App
- Access your files and create new ones, wherever you are!
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites for Google Drive
- Articles and tutorials
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Get started with cloud computing
- Store your files safely and access them online with Google Drive
- Access Google Drive from anywhere with your web browser, phone, or tablet
- Create new documents, presentations, and spreadsheets in Google Drive
- Upload files and folders from your computer into Google Drive
- Organize your files and folders in Google Drive
- Search for files by keyword, filter, or both
- Share and collaborate on files with other people
In recent years, we’ve enjoyed being able to do more and more online and in the cloud. Google Drive brings the power and convenience of working online for you and your files. With Google Drive, you can create and store your files safely in the cloud, share them if desired, and access them from anywhere using a web browser, smartphone, or tablet computer.
"Instant Google Drive Starter" is your companion to getting started with the world of cloud computing and working with your files online. With clear visuals and step-by-step examples, this book shows you how to use Google Drive from start to finish. From creating documents and files in Google Drive to sharing them with others and accessing them anywhere using your web browser, phone, or tablet computer – you’ll be working in the cloud.
This book starts with the very basics of cloud computing, providing clear examples for ways you can use Google Drive to work with your files in the cloud, and the benefits of doing so. It will take you step-by-step through all the aspects of using Google Drive to get you quickly working with your files online, accessing them from anywhere using a web browser, smartphone, or tablet computer.
You’ll learn how to use Google Drive to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, and also how you can upload folders and files from your hard drive into Google Drive using your web browser. Once your files are in Google Drive, this book will show you all the things you can do with them: edit them online from anywhere (including your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet), and even share them with others if desired. This book will also show you how to use the Google Drive sync program to back up your files to the cloud and keep them automatically in sync between your computer’s hard drive and Google Drive.
You will learn everything you need to know to create and store your files safely in the cloud with Google Drive, share them with others if desired, and access them from anywhere using a web browser, smartphone, or tablet computer.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is a Starter which teaches you how to use Google Drive practically.
Who this book is for
This book is perfect for people of all skill levels who want to enjoy the benefits of using Google Drive to safely store their files online and in the cloud. It’s also great for anyone looking to learn more about cloud computing in general. Readers are expected to have an Internet connection and basic knowledge of using the internet.