Getting Started with SQL Server 2014 Administration
|Also available on:|
- Design your SQL Server 2014 infrastructure by combining both onpremise and WindowsAzurebased technology
- Implement the new InMemory OLTP database engine feature to enhance the performance of your transaction databases
- This is a handson tutorial that explores the new features of SQL Server 2014 along with giving real world examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 106 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : April 2014
ISBN : 1782172416
ISBN 13 : 9781782172413
Author(s) : Gethyn Ellis
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: SQL Server 2014 and Cloud
Chapter 2: Backup and Restore Improvements
Chapter 3: In-Memory Optimized Tables
Chapter 4: Delayed Durability
Chapter 5: AlwaysOn Availability Groups
Chapter 6: Performance Improvements
I would strongly recommend you take a look at this book, see what’s new in SQL Server 2014 and if there is a specific feature that you think will be a game changer for your business, take a look at the code and the example scenarios and test it for yourself - Boris Hristov
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Design a SQL Server infrastructure combining on-premise servers and Windows Azure Storage
- Create a backup strategy that allows you to store your SQL Server backup in the Windows Azure cloud
- Improve database performance by using the In-Memory OLTP features
- Implement the delayed durability feature to improve transaction latency
- Use a cloud-based replica to build an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Learn the other enhancements and new features that can help improve database performance
The release of SQL Server 2014 has brought with it some great new features and enhancements that database administrators can use to make their database servers faster, highly available, and protected from disaster. As the lines between on-premise and on-cloud based solutions become even more blurred, enterprise database applications such as SQL Server 2014 have evolved to allow DBAs to utilize both services to maintain their key service level agreements, ensuring that their important databases are always available. SQL Server 2014 has a strong focus on business intelligence, making it a vital tool if you are looking to improve the performance of your processes as a relational database professional.
Getting Started with SQL Server 2014 Administration will guide you through your first steps of learning SQL Server 2014 by introducing you to its new features and helping you create a hybrid environment, which is both highly available and allows you to get the best performance from your databases. This book is for anyone who wants to boost their database application performance to the next level.
This is an easy-to-follow handson tutorial that includes real world examples of SQL Server 2014's new features. Each chapter is explained in a stepbystep manner which guides you to implement the new technology.
Who this book is for
If you want to create an highly efficient database server then this book is for you. This book is for database professionals and system administrators who want to use the added features of SQL Server 2014 to create a hybrid environment, which is both highly available and allows you to get the best performance from your databases.