Getting Started with PhantomJS
|Also available on:|
- Writing scripts that can interact directly with web services and pages
- Interacting with social media websites using PhantomJS scripts
- Creating web-based test scripts and running them in a headless browser
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 140 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2013
ISBN : 1782164227
ISBN 13 : 9781782164227
Author(s) : Aries Beltran
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: Manipulating Page Content
Chapter 3: Handling Events and Callbacks
Chapter 4: Capturing Errors
Chapter 5: Grabbing Pages
Chapter 6: Accessing Location-based Services
Chapter 7: Working with Files
Chapter 8: Cookies
Chapter 10: Testing with PhantomJS
Chapter 11: Maximizing PhantomJS
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the possibilities of PhantomJS development and make use of a headless browser
- Understand PhantomJS’ core features and API
- Manipulate the DOM properties of web pages using scripts
- Interact with web pages using PhantomJS scripts
- Learn how to emulate keyboards and mouse actions
- Work with geolocation services with PhantomJS
- Build scripts that will create web sites snapshots
- Create and implement PhantomJS custom modules
- Use PhantomJS to perform headless testing with Jasmine
A step step-by by-step guide that will help you develop new tools for solving web and testing problems in an effective and quick way. The book will teach you how to use and maximize PhantomJS to develop new tools for web scrapping, web performance measurement and monitoring, and headless web testing. This book will help you understand PhantomJS’ scripting API capabilities and strengths.
Through its practical approach, this book strives to teach you by example, where each chapter focuses on the common and practical usage of PhantomJS, and how to extract meaningful information from the web and other services.
By the end of the book, you will have acquired the skills to enable you to use PhantomJS for web testing, as well as learning the basics of Jasmine, and how it can be used with PhantomJS.
A standard tutorial approach, as a complete guide detailing the major aspects of PhantomJS with particular focus on website testing.
Who this book is for