Instant Oracle GoldenGate [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Understand and configure replication
- Secure your enterprise data at rest and in transit
- Source data to one or more destinations in homogeneous environments and/or disparate environments
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 70 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1782170243
ISBN 13 : 9781782170242
Author(s) : Tony Bruzzese
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Instant, Oracle Database, Enterprise
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Oracle GoldenGate
- Instant Oracle GoldenGate
- Implementing design considerations (Simple)
- Installing Oracle GoldenGate (Simple)
- Creating one-way replication (Simple)
- Creating bidirectional replication (Simple)
- Creating heterogeneous replication (Simple)
- Configuring Oracle GoldenGate for High Availability (HA) (Simple)
- Configuring advanced settings (Simple)
- Performing encryption in OGG (Simple)
- Managing Oracle GoldenGate (Simple)
- Performance tuning (Simple)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Instantiate one-way and bi-directional replication
- Configure Oracle GoldenGate for High Availability
- Advanced configurations such as filtering, transformation, and conversion
- Encrypt data and passwords
- Fine-tune your environment for better throughput
Oracle GoldenGate is a comprehensive package for low-impact, real-time data capture, distribution, and delivery of transactional data across heterogeneous systems for continuous availability, zero downtime migration, and disaster recovery. All in all, it is a precise tool for data replication, regardless of the platform that you use in today’s environment.
Instant Oracle GoldenGate exemplifies the ease of use of this package through the use of real-world examples. This book gives a good overview and hands-on approach to the most commonly used implementations in an Oracle GoldenGate environment.
This How-to book will take you through a number of real-world examples quickly and effectively by eliminating much of the guess work for all users from novices to experienced users.
You will learn about the key components of the architecture and simple one-way replication for a number of database tables or an entire schema. You’ll be covering key concepts and the implementation of high availability configurations such as Oracle RAC, encryption, and many different ways to transform and filter data to your target systems.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.This is a Packt Instant How-to guide, which provides concise and clear recipes for performing the core task of replication using Oracle GoldenGate.
Who this book is for
The book is aimed at DBAs from any of popular RDBMS systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Sybase, and so on. The level of detail provides quick applicability to beginners and a handy review for more advanced administrators.