Getting Started with Lumion 3D
|Also available on:|
- A beginner's guide to architectural visualization
- Tips and tricks for modelling, texturing, and rendering using Lumion 3D
- Add a special touch to your images with Photoshop
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 138 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1849699496
ISBN 13 : 9781849699495
Author(s) : Ciro Cardoso
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Architecture & Analysis
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Prepare a CAD drawing to model
- Navigate the camera in the editor
- Model with visualization in mind, adding important details to improve realism
- Assign and modify materials in Lumion
- Create seamless textures including normal and alpha maps
- Add a 3D model, special FX objects, and sounds to make your scene more appealing
- Export from your 3D application and import into Lumion without any issues
- Modify the terrain and use a heightmap to change the landscape
Lumion is software specially designed to be friendly and intuitive to help you bring life to your model. Import your model into Lumion and start changing the landscape, weather, and materials of your 3D model. With only a few clicks, you will have a beautiful image or video.
"Getting Started with Lumion 3D" will help you give life to your 3D model. After the first chapter, you will have what you need to start creating architectural visualizations in Lumion. The next chapters will help you consolidate this knowledge by introducing you to additional tools using step-by-step explanations. If you don’t have any experience with 3D modelling, this book will also help you to start modelling using SketchUp.
"Getting Started with Lumion 3D" helps you to take your first steps into the world of architectural visualization using Lumion. You will be guided along gradually using easy-to-follow, step-by-step examples, and more importantly, you won't learn how to create the example in the book, but instead you will learn how to apply your new knowledge to your own scene.
You will start this book with a blank 3D model and finish with a beautiful image or an amazing video.
A beginner's guide which flows from novice level discussion into intermediate level usage and finally helps the experts with tips and tricks.
Who this book is for
"Getting Started with Lumion 3D" is the perfect book for someone without any experience in Lumion and who wants to start performing architectural visualization. It is also ideal for intermediate users who want to improve their workflow and learn techniques to get the best out of Lumion. This book is also useful for architects or designers who wish to see their projects come to life in natural environments with different moods and light conditions. You don’t require complicated software for this book; if you have a 3D model, Lumion will do almost everything for you.