|Also available on:|
- Gain insight on the core concepts of Grunt, Node.js and npm to get started with Grunt.
- Learn how to install, configure, run, and customize Grunt
- Example-driven and filled with tips to help you create custom Grunt tasks
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 132 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : February 2014
ISBN : 1783980621
ISBN 13 : 9781783980628
Author(s) : Jaime Pillora
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introducing Grunt
Chapter 2: Setting Up Grunt
Chapter 3: Using Grunt
Chapter 4: Grunt in Action
Chapter 5: Advanced Grunt
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 19 Feb 2014
The code files for this book can also be downloaded from https://github.com/jpillora/gswg-examples/archive/master.zip
What you will learn from this book
- Learn about Grunt and its advantages
- Understand Node.js and how it relates to Grunt
- Take an in-depth look at npm, Node.js modules, and the working of Grunt plugins
- Get familiar with installing Grunt and setting up your first Grunt build environment
- Gain insight on the methods of configuring Grunt and when each method should be used
- Effectively execute Grunt through the use of task arguments, task aliasing, multi-task targets, and more
- Construct your own Grunt tasks, multi-tasks, and asynchronous tasks
In recent times, modern web browsers have become the application platform of choice. Grunt, along with its wide range of plugins, provides a simple way of managing the large number of build tasks required to maintain a sophisticated web application.
This book first demonstrates various Grunt use cases before running through the steps of installing, configuring, running, and customizing Grunt. You will learn how to install Node.js, the Node.js package manager (npm), and Grunt. Then, you will understand how to set up and configure a personalized Grunt environment. Next, you will look at the various methods of running and customizing Grunt to utilize its flexibility. Finally, to emphasise what has been learnt, you will see a complete example build of a web application.
A step-by-step, practical tutorial to help you transform into a Grunt power-user.
Who this book is for