Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5 [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Create a basic XenApp farm quickly and easily
- Learn everything you need to know, from installation and configuration to HDX and virtualization
- Presented in a logical succession that will walk you through the entire process of getting started with Citrix XenApp 6.5
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Friday, May 31, 2013
Course Length : 1 hours and 58 mins
ISBN : 1849689369
ISBN 13 : 9781849689366
Author(s) : Craig Ellrod
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Video, Virtualization and Cloud, Enterprise
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Citrix XenApp 6.5 [19:36 mins]
- Introduction to Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Understanding the License Server and Worker Servers
- Getting familiar with the Web Interface, Data Collector, and the XML Server
- Overview of the XenApp DataStore
- Understanding Citrix Clients
- Using the Access Gateway
- Using the Citrix StoreFront
- Management Tools [16:36 mins]
- Introduction to XenApp Management
- Using the AppCenter Tools
- Web Interface Management
- The License Management Console
- Other Useful XenApp Management Tools
- Introduction to Publishing Resources [12:25 mins]
- Introduction to Publishing Resources
- Hosted Applications
- Streamed Applications
- Content Publishing
- Publishing a Desktop
- Streamed Applications [12:17 mins]
- Introduction to Application Streaming
- Streaming Requirements
- Streaming Components
- Streaming Clients
- Introduction to Policies [16:32 mins]
- Introduction to Policies
- Policy Best Practices
- Policy Creation
- Printing in XenApp
- Printing and Printing Drivers
- Introduction to HDX Multimedia [15:52 mins]
- HDX Technologies
- HDX 3D
- HDX 3D Graphics & Audio
- HDX MediaStream Multimedia
- HDX MediaStream Flash
- Monitoring [9:26 mins]
- Monitoring XenApp
- Managing XenApp
- Viewing XenApp
- Customizing XenApp
- Optimizing XenApp
- Introduction to Scripting [15:28 mins]
- Introduction to Scripting
- Using Scripts in XenApp
- Introduction to Virtualization
- Introduction to XenApp in the Cloud
- Troubleshooting XenApp
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Learn the basic components, terminology, concepts, and server roles to get you started with using Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Install and configure your own XenApp farm
- Deploy XenApp 6.5 on Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, and VMware ESX virtual machines
- Instantly know which management tool to launch depending on the situation
- Optimize multimedia content on XenApp using Citrix HDX technologies
- Identify small, medium, and large XenApp farms
- Use policies to manage sessions and printing
- Manage and monitor the XenApp farm
Who this video course is for
If you are interested in virtualization and cloud computing, then understanding how to use Citrix XenApp is a necessity. Before you start this course, you should be familiar with what virtualization of applications is in general terms. If you already have basic knowledge about networking and client-server technology, then this video course is a perfect next step for you to learn about application virtualization.
Citrix XenApp is a forerunner in application hosting and virtualization delivery that saves on licensing costs and reduces deployment and management complexity from an administration point of view. This video course will take the complexity of XenApp 6.5 and present it in simple and easy-to-follow videos to fast-track your learning. By the end of this video course, you will be able to build a basic XenApp 6.5 farm to virtualize your applications and deliver them to your users.
Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5 is the best way to learn everything you need to know to design, implement, and manage your own XenApp 6.5 farm. This course is designed and distilled into fast, short videos to provide you with all of the important information to get started with Citrix XenApp 6.5.
Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5 introduces you to the basic architectures and system requirements of XenApp followed by an explanation of different components and how each of them operates in the farm.
You will learn how to use the important management tools needed to manage and configure your farm, as well as how to publish your first application and make it available to your end users. XenApp 6.5 is tightly integrated with Active Directory, so we also show you how to use Policies to manage sessions and printing.
XenApp is especially useful in delivering multi-media and 3D apps, so we introduce you to the High Definition user experience and the important concepts surrounding it. We conclude with some advanced topics such as scripting, the SDK and virtualization using Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, and VMWare ESX. By the end of this course, you will have a completely functioning XenApp 6.5 farm delivering applications to your end users.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
This video course is a step-by-step, task based, practical approach to learning and getting your basic XenApp 6.5 farm up and running. It is fast, easy, and makes learning application virtualization fun.