Internet of Things with the Arduino Yún
|Also available on:|
- Learn how to interface various sensors and actuators to the Arduino Yún and send this data in the cloud
- Explore the possibilities offered by the Internet of Things by using the Arduino Yún to upload measurements to Google Docs, upload pictures to Dropbox, and send live video streams to YouTube
- Learn how to use the Arduino Yún as the brain of a robot that can be completely controlled via Wi-Fi
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 112 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2014
ISBN : 1783288000
ISBN 13 : 9781783288007
Author(s) : Marco Schwartz
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Networking and Servers, Virtualization and Cloud, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Building a Weather Station Connected to the Cloud
Chapter 2: Creating a Remote Energy Monitoring and Control Device
Chapter 3: Making Your Own Cloud-connected Camera
Chapter 4: Wi-Fi-controlled Mobile Robot
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Connect various sensors to the Arduino Yún
- Send sensor measurements to Google Docs via Temboo
- Interface the Arduino Yún to Twitter via Temboo
- Create automated e-mail alerts based on measured data
- Use the Arduino Yún to control home appliances such as lamps
- Measure energy consumption using the Yún
- Take pictures with a USB camera and upload them to Dropbox
- Build robots and control them remotely via Wi-Fi
Internet of Things (IoT) is currently a growing trend in the technology space, and the Arduino Yún is the perfect board to get started with building IoT projects. This book covers many of the powerful features of the Arduino Yún via four exciting projects. The first project is all about sending weather measurements data to a Google Docs spreadsheet for easy online visualization. The second one is about building an energy consumption meter and controlling devices remotely. The third focuses on the field of security, by helping you to build a camera that is triggered by motion and that uploads pictures automatically to Dropbox. Finally, the last project is in relation with the field of robotics, and focuses on building a robot that is controlled via Wi-Fi.
The main focus of this book is to teach everything you need to know to build complex projects using the Arduino Yún, organized around the fields of home automation, security, and robotics.
All projects are explained in a step-by-step manner, always starting with the assembly of the hardware and followed by basic tests of every hardware component. You will then learn how to build exciting applications in a practical manner based on the details of the projects.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for people who already have some experience with the Arduino platform and who want to build more exciting applications, in particular to Internet of Things. You will need to have some basic experience in electronics, Arduino, and programming in general to follow the projects created in the book.