Instant Geany IDE [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn to reduce typing errors
- Construct completion/snippets
- Automatic format correction and indent correction
- Autofix; fixes problems much faster than you can
- Build a system to compile and execute your code
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 44 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1783289333
ISBN 13 : 9781783289332
Author(s) : Nguyễn Hồng Quân
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant Geany IDE
- Instant Geany IDE
- So, what is Geany?
- From the Package Manager
- Step 1 – opening your terminal
- Step 2 – querying the Package Manager to install Geany
- From the source code
- Step 1 – downloading the Geany source package
- Step 2 – installing the required libraries
- Step 3 – compiling and installing Geany
- Step 4 – compiling and installing geany-plugins
- And that's it
- Quick start – writing a piece of code
- Step 1 – creating a new source file
- Step 2 – typing the first lines of your code
- Step 3 – using Geany functionalities to improve your productivity
- Step 4 – running a quick preview
- Top 4 features you need to know about
- Quick text editing
- Navigating through the source code
- Clearing files
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Stuff to enhance and personalize Geany
- Articles and tutorials
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install Geany IDE
- Overview your entire code and traverse through the code easily
- Learn how to use functionalities of Geany to improve productivity
- Develop the skills to quickly edit text and navigate source code
Geany is a small and lightweight integrated development environment (IDE) that facilitates short load times, with limited dependency on separate packages or libraries.
Instant Geany IDE is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with clear, step-by-step exercises, which will help you take advantage of this lightweight but strong tool to script efficiently and get a faster outcome.
Instant Geany IDE shows you how to install Geany the fastest way and how to use some of its most useful features in a concrete example. The book also shows you where to find further details, if you want more from Geany.
Instant Geany IDE starts with the installation of Geany from package manager and source code. The book details the tips and tricks of writing your code efficiently, using the features of Geany such as quick text editing, navigating source code, syntax highlighting, code folding, and so on. You will have an overview of what you are doing; you will see your code looking beautiful and easy to read, and you will grasp the basic ways to work with Geany and let it be your assistant.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This is a practical, hands-on guide that helps you code efficiently.
Who this book is for
Instant Geany IDE is for software developers, programmers, and coders who need to optimize their time and productivity while scripting. It assumes that the reader has experience with Linux commands.