Instant ForgedUI Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Design a cross-platform UI (user interface)
- Build for iPhone and Android
- Understand ForgedUI 1-click code generation
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 44 pages
Release Date : February 2013
ISBN : 1849696500
ISBN 13 : 9781849696500
Author(s) : Joseandro Luiz
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Mobile, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant ForgedUI Starter
- Instant ForgedUI Starter
- So, what is ForgedUI?
- Step 1 – What do I need?
- Step 2 – Downloading and integrating ForgedUI into Titanium Studio
- Step 3 – Activating ForgedUI
- Step 4 – Testing ForgedUI installation
- And that's it!
- Quick start – creating your first app
- Top features you need to know about
- Building applications for iPhone and Android
- Design a cross-platform UI
- Understanding ForgedUI one-click code generation
- Diving deeper into the generated code
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
- Google Plus
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- UI best practices guidelines from Apple and Google
- How to download, install, and set up ForgedUI with minimum fuss
- How to create designs for apps using ForgedUI
- Build apps for iPhone and Android
- Understand the ForgedUI generated code
- Build your own iPhone app with ForgedUI and Titanium
Even though Titanium generates multiple platform apps with a single code-base and facilitates the maintenance and management of mobile projects, it still lacks a design interface tool, and for this reason, ForgedUI was created to improve what has been holding back a large portion of productivity gains on Titanium SDK.
"Instant ForgedUI Starter" will help you to learn ForgedUI and cross-platform code generation with Titanium, get started building your first app, and how to use the drag-and-drop design tool to create the best user experience within your app, following practice guidelines from Apple and Google.
ForgedUI makes Titanium Mobile App development quicker and easier by providing a visual drag-and-drop interface that allows for quick screen design and Titanium cross-platform code generation. This book explains the ForgedUI generated code and every available ForgedUI feature by walking you through a specific set of clear and practical examples that will help you to take advantage of Titanium and ForgedUI integration seamlessly, quickly, and painlessly.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.The book is a Starter guide to learning ForgedUI. This book will start by unfolding the installation and creating a simple application using Titanium and ForgedUI, followed by taking you through the features to model an engaging UI and generate multi-platform code with Titanium, while covering the best design practice for Apple and Android application development. Last but not least, you will also come across the available resources where you can look for a more detailed approach.
Who this book is for
This book is essential for Titanium developers (experienced or not) who are looking to reduce application development time by visually designing their apps, leaving more time to concentrate on other aspects of their projects. iOS or Android Titanium developers will find in ForgedUI a guide to screen design, and alongside Titanium Studio, get cross-platform code with one click.