Flask Framework Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Get the most out of the powerful Flask framework while remaining flexible with your design choices
- Build end-to-end web applications, right from their installation to the post-deployment stages
- Packed with recipes containing lots of sample applications to help you understand the intricacies of the code
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 260 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2014
ISBN : 178398340X
ISBN 13 : 9781783983407
Author(s) : Shalabh Aggarwal
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Cookbooks, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure Flask in a best way to suit the application needs
- Integrate Flask with technologies like Redis, Sentry and MongoDB
- Integrate your applications with most of the login mechanisms available
- Write beautiful RESTful applications
- Create an admin interface for your application
- Learn about efficient and effective debugging, logging and error handling in Flask
- Test your applications as you write them to prevent future complications
- Implement full-text search for effective user query handling
Flask is a lightweight web application microframework written in Python. It makes use of the flexibility of Python to provide a relatively simple template for web application development. Flask makes it possible to write simple one page applications, but it also has the power to scale them and build large applications without any issues.
This book takes you through a number of recipes that will help you understand the power of Flask and its extensions. You will start by seeing the different ways of configurations that a Flask application can make use of. From there, you will learn how to work with templates, before learning about the ORM and View layers, which act as the foundation of web applications. Then, you will learn how to write Restful APIs with Flask, after learning various authentication techniques. As you move ahead, you will learn how to write an admin interface followed by debugging and logging of errors in Flask. You will also learn how to make your applications multi-lingual and gain insights on the various testing techniques. Finally, you will learn about different deployment and post-deployment techniques on platforms like Apache, Tornado and Heroku.
By the end of this book, you will have gained all the necessary knowledge required to make the best use of this incredible microframework to write small and big applications, and scale them with industry-standard practices.
This book follows a Cookbook approach. It contains recipes with a lot of practical examples with clear explanations and step-by-step approach to building small-to-large scalable applications in Flask. Written in an easy to understand manner with loads of small applications included to get the feel of the code, this book can also serve as a supplementary material to develop hands-on skills in academic courses on web application development.
Who this book is for
If you are a web developer who wants to learn more about developing applications in Flask and scale them with industry-standard practices, this is the book for you. This book will also act as a handy tool if you are aware of Flask's major extensions and want to make the best use of them.
It is assumed that you have knowledge of Python and a basic understanding of Flask.