Instant Firebug Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Modify HTML on the fly
- Change the look and feel of any element
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 64 pages
Release Date : January 2013
ISBN : 1782161163
ISBN 13 : 9781782161165
Author(s) : Chandan Luthra
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Open Source, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant Firebug Starter
- Instant Firebug Starter
- So, what is Firebug?
- Firebug capabilities
- Installing Firebug on Firefox
- Step 1 – what do I need?
- Step 2 – downloading Firebug
- Step 3 – adding Firebug to Firefox
- Step 4 – confirm Firebug installation
- Step 5 – restart Firefox
- Installing Firebug on non-Firefox browsers
- Live link
- Local link
- And that's it!
- Quick start – Firebug window overview and inspecting
- Console panel
- HTML panel
- CSS panel
- Script panel
- Things you can perform under the Script panel
- DOM panel
- Net panel
- Cookies panel
- Inspecting page components
- Step 1 – open Firebug
- Step 2 – activate inspection tool
- Step 3 – selecting the element
- Quick inspect
- Editing page components
- Top 17 features you'll want to know about
- Command editor
- Smart paste
- Using Console API
- console.log(object[, object, ...])
- console.debug(object[, object, ...])
- console.info(object[, object, ...])
- console.warn(object[, object, ...])
- console.error(object[, object, ...])
- console.assert(expression[, object, ...])
- console.group(object[, object, ...])
- console.groupCollapsed(object[, object, ...])
- Modifying an HTML element's attribute on the fly
- Adding a new attribute to an existing HTML element
- Deleting an HTML element
- Setting breakpoints on an HTML element
- Inspecting cascading rules
- Previewing colors and images
- Tweaking CSS on the fly
- Enabling and disabling CSS rules
- Columns and description of profiler
- Applying Script breakpoints
- Applying conditional breakpoints
- Inspecting DOM
- Network monitoring
- Description of information in the Net panel
- Load-time bar color significance
- Examining HTTP headers
- Monitoring AJAX requests
- Managing cookies
- People and places you should get to know
- Official Sites
- Articles and Tutorials
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 07 Nov 2013
Errata type: Graphics | Page number: 13
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with the basics of Firebug's panels and their functions
- Inspect, edit and play with HTML sources
- Discover various ways to analyze the performance of your web application on the browser
- Track XmlHttpRequest and XmlHttpResponse as well as monitoring AJAX calls
- Explore the value of properties and constants of any DOM object
- Monitor, edit, and remove cookies from Firebug
Instant Firebug Starter is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear step-by-step exercises to help you take advantage of the full power that Firebug offers. This book will give you a great grounding in using Firebug to debug, fix, and optimize your web pages.
From installation to navigating the various panels to edit, inspect, and modify your webpages, this practical guide will help you through the wilds of Firebug without a single bite.
This Instant Firebug Starter guides you through the basics of Firebug and contains years’ worth of industry knowledge and expertise. This knowledge has been stripped back to 60 pages of useful insights, tips, tricks, and the latest techniques that will get you up to speed in no time.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This easy to understand Starter guide will get you up to speed with Firebug quickly and with little effort. Hands-on and practical examples allow you to get a feel for the tool and get used to using it on a day-to-day basis.
Who this book is for
If you are just starting out with web development and looking to improve your site with Firebug, then this guide is for you. If you have a basic understanding of web development then this guide is easy to follow and will benefit your site no end.