Fast Track to Adobe Captivate 6 [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
Engage learners by inserting aesthetically-pleasing interactive content into your course with out-of-the-box interactions such as an animated rollover, process circle, and timeline using Adobe Captivate 6
- Quickly convert PowerPoint slides including objects, animations, and multimedia into rich interactive presentations using an improved conversion library
- Create software demonstrations, interactive simulations, branching scenarios, and quizzes, and add to your courses without the use of programming
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Friday, May 31, 2013
Course Length : 2 hours 15 mins
ISBN : 1849699534
ISBN 13 : 9781849699532
Author(s) : Anita Horsley
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Video
Table of Contents
- Adobe Captivate 6 Fundamentals [33:11 mins]
- Introduction to the Course
- eLearning Concepts and Planning
- Gobal Settings and Welcome Screen
- Explore the Captivate Interface
- Customizing the Workspace
- Opening, Saving, and Closing Files
- Create a PowerPoint and Image Project
- Adding and Managing Slides [16:46 mins]
- Inserting New Slides
- Slide Properties
- Managing Slides
- Themes and Master Slides
- Adding Content using Standard Objects [21:31 mins]
- Working with Captions
- Working with Images
- Working with Characters and Photoshop Files
- Working with Smart Shapes
- Adding Animation
- Adding Highlight Boxes and Zoom Areas
- Managing Objects and Assets [19:24 mins]
- Common Object Properties
- Managing Objects
- Working with the Timeline
- Using the Library
- Creating Styles and Effects
- Inserting Actions and Interactions [19:04 mins]
- Inserting Rollover Objects
- Smart Interactions and Widgets
- Action Types
- Adding Actions
- Working with Quiz Questions
- Working with Simulations and Video [18:20 mins]
- Preparing a Software Simulation
- Recording Preferences
- Editing a Software Simulation
- Using High-Definition Video
- Using Audio [14:31 mins]
- Importing Audio
- Recording Audio
- Editing Audio
- Using Text-to-Speech and Closed Captions
- Publishing Finished Projects [20:01 mins]
- Skin Editor
- Table of Contents
- Project Settings
- Reporting and Tracking
- Publishing Options
- Other Publishing Options and Summary
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Familiarize yourself with the Adobe Captivate 6 interface and global settings to improve your workflow for future Captivate projects
- Insert new slides and manage these slides using the properties panel, slides notes, master slides, and themes
- Easily insert characters, themes, images, Photoshop files, animations, effects, highlight boxes, and zoom areas to provide emphasis and make your courses aesthetically pleasing
- Organize the assets in your project using the library, timeline, grouping, object style manager, and unique and common object properties
- Insert interactive elements into your content with just a click and customize the content and its appearance
- Rapidly create product demonstrations with high definition video and record training simulations
- Easily edit videos and add pan and zoom, transitions, smart shapes, audio, and captions
- Enrich your courses with audio – insert or record narration to presentations and eliminate mistakes with the easy-to-use audio editor tool
- Learn about the variety of publishing options such as SWF, HTML5, word documents, PDFs, and Adobe Connect
Who this video course is for
This video tutorial series is for educators, corporate training professionals, and training specialists with limited programming capabilities who want to create product demos, application simulations, and soft skill and compliance training. In order to participate in the practical portion of this course, it is highly recommended that you download Adobe Captivate 6 before beginning the course. You can download a free trial version here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=captivate&loc=en_us.
Adobe Captivate 6 is a sophisticated, leading edge, and progressive e-learning authoring tool that is fun and easy to use to create interactive content. Adobe Captivate 6 has many new features such as improved quiz properties, advanced interactions, smart shapes, characters, high definition video, HTML publishing, and many other enhancements that will help improve your e-learning workflow. This video course will fast track your basic skills by teaching you everything you need to know practically and functionally get started with using Adobe Captivate 6.
Fast Track to Adobe Captivate 6 will teach you how to design, develop, and share e-learning faster than ever before and get the most out of your Adobe Captivate experience.
Fast Track to Adobe Captivate 6 provides you with the essentials for getting started with Adobe Captivate 6 with useful examples and best practices on how to construct an e-learning course from start to finish in about 2 hours.
In this course, you’ll be learning how to use built-in themes, create styles, import images, round trip with PowerPoint slides, add relevant content, and work with animations and smart interactions. Additionally, you’ll learn how to prepare for and record a software simulation, add and synchronize video, record audio, and build quizzes into your project. This course will enable you to reach a wider audience by publishing projects to the web, desktops, YouTube, notebooks, tablets, and learning management systems.
Overall, the goal of this video course is to make you a better e-learning developer by mastering the basic skills first. Each section is self-contained and provides a practical exercise designed to help you recall the information you just learned and apply it when you’re on your own.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Fast Track to Adobe Captivate 6 is aimed at helping new users wrap their head around the basics of using Adobe Captivate 6. Discover how to use Adobe Captivate 6 to create interactive online learning content using realistic demonstrations and practical materials to develop a course from start to finish.