|Also available on:|
- Plan, test, and execute your Puppet deployments
- Write reusable and maintainable Puppet code
- Handle challenges that might arise in upcoming versions of Puppet
- Explore the Puppet ecosystem in-depth, through a hands-on, example driven approach
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 328 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2014
ISBN : 178398144X
ISBN 13 : 9781783981441
Author(s) : Alessandro Franceschi
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Networking and Servers, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Puppet Essentials
Chapter 2: Hiera
Chapter 3: PuppetDB
Chapter 4: Designing Puppet Architectures
Chapter 5: Using and Writing Reusable Modules
Chapter 6: Higher Abstraction Modules
Chapter 7: Deploying and Migrating Puppet
Chapter 8: Code Workflow Management
Chapter 9: Scaling Puppet Infrastructures
Chapter 10: Writing Puppet Plugins
Chapter 11: Beyond the System
Chapter 12: Future Puppet
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Use Puppet to manage network, cloud, and virtualization devices
- Become a Hiera and PuppetDB power user
- Study the different approaches to Puppet architecture design
- Master the art of writing and maintaining reusable modules
- Explore strategies and patterns on how to introduce Puppet automation
- Manage and test a Puppet code workflow
- Design scalable Puppet infrastructures
Puppet has changed the way we manage our systems, but Puppet itself is changing and evolving, as are the ways in which we use it.
A clear, updated, practical, and focused view of the current state of the technology and the evolution of Puppet is what we need to tackle our IT infrastructure challenges and avoid common errors when designing our architectures.
This is a detailed, practical book that covers the different components of the Puppet ecosystem and explores how to use them to deploy and manage different kinds of IT infrastructures.
Updated with the most recent trends and best practices, this book gives you a clear view on how to "connect the dots" and expands your understanding to successfully use and extend Puppet.
This book is a clear, detailed and practical guide to learn about designing and deploying you puppet architecture, with informative examples to highlight and explain concepts in a focused manner.
Who this book is for
This book is designed for users who already have good experience with Puppet, and will surprise experienced users with innovative topics that explore how to design, implement, adapt, and deploy a Puppet architecture. The key to extending Puppet is the development of types and providers, for which you must be familiar with Ruby.